Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Panorama Article on 914 in this issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Just got the latest Pano in the mail box. Normally, I don't open it right away but I was going to go out and eat by myself and I thought I would bring it along for solo-dining entertainment. What do I find? a big article on the 914 with LOTS of pictures. I was not aware that Porsche bought VW out of the 914 in 1974... I guess my '75 IS a real Porsche! av-943.gif
Sleepin
I just felt the price of my '75 skyrocket! aktion035.gif
Mike Bellis
I guess Porsche designed those big ugly rubber bumpers...
Drums66
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 17 2010, 01:56 PM) *

I was not aware that Porsche bought VW out of the 914 in 1974... I guess my '75 IS a real Porsche! av-943.gif

Arf..Arf..Arf (what a relief!) laugh.gif Porschedelic!!! shades.gif
thomasotten
Before this, has there ever been a 914 featured in Panorama?
bandjoey
In the classifieds only, most likely.
Drums66
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Aug 17 2010, 03:09 PM) *

...engine rebuild article idea.gif I forget year? popcorn[1].gif
Cambo
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 17 2010, 02:32 PM) *

I guess Porsche designed those big ugly rubber bumpers...

That's funny........
dinomium
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Aug 17 2010, 03:16 PM) *

QUOTE(thomasotten @ Aug 17 2010, 03:09 PM) *

...engine rebuild article idea.gif I forget year? popcorn[1].gif

They mention that there was a big artical about Ginter and his SCCA program. That was in 1973! I am happy that the for pay club threw our cars a bone
sean_v8_914
after runnin with the pinky wavers for many years now....
that whole narp/ reject/ vw / poor mans porsche stigma died some time ago. I hope ya'll are not disapointed to loose your narpy-ness. I think there are some here who embrace that stigma of porsches past.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Aug 17 2010, 02:09 PM) *

Yes, hard to believe, but there have been a number of feature articles about 914s in Panorama over the years. Sometimes the article would be about a specific car, or the 914 design development, or 914 production evolution, and there have even been articles about 914-specific "gatherings" (i.e. 914 Club meetings from years past).

Paul
DanT
there was a very nice article in Pano after the last San Diego Parade on the winning AX car. A 4 cylinder 914 race car owned by Steve Nieslony....beautiful race car. biggrin.gif
A good friend of mine...we used to run against each other in very lightly prepared 914s back in the mid '90s.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 20 2010, 06:13 PM) *

Yes, hard to believe, but there have been a number of feature articles about 914s in Panorama over the years. Sometimes the article would be about a specific car, or the 914 design development, or 914 production evolution, and there have even been articles about 914-specific "gatherings" (i.e. 914 Club meetings from years past).

Paul

Agree, and this article, though nice, probably didn't enlighten many 914 owners. Caldwell knows his stuff, but there was zero passion.
P
6freak
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Aug 20 2010, 06:02 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 20 2010, 06:13 PM) *

Paul

Agree, and this article, though nice, probably didn't enlighten many 914 owners. Caldwell knows his stuff, but there was zero passion.
P

Mr Caldwell wrote that article some time back .I read it years ago in the local Spiel,alot of his stuff is being republished he has not wrote anything new since he wonderful wife passed last year and he himself is getting frail....case ya didnt know he owns a cherry( I think) 74 914 yellow bone stock beauty it has graced the cover of Spiel more then once
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.