Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions for the wheels and tire gurus out there….
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
draganc
I’m looking at the option to have my `75 Pedrinis remanufactured (straightening, curb rash fix and new paint, ect.) at wheelsamerica.com.

Flat-rate price is $129 per wheel.

Looking at their webpage I found as well the option to have your own rims widened.

A few questions:

1) Did anybody used them before,

2) What advantage would it give me if I took my std. 15 x 5.5 wheels and had them widened to i.e. 15 x 6? I understood that I can run tires up to 205 on the stock 15 x 5.5. How would a 15 x 6 change work on a narrow body? How would that impact my wheel offset?

3) Any other companies offering the same service in/around NJ/NY/PA?

Thanks,
Dragan
DanT
I see no real advantage to widening the wheels only 1/2" you will gain nothing as far as tire fitment...just the cost involved with the widening.
Offsets and fitment would depend on where you add the 1/2" inside, outside or split the difference.
7" wheels will fit a narrow bodied car with the proper offset and backspacing..

just get your wheels redone to your tastes and mount the 205 or smaller tires you want.

first pic is one of my factory Fuchs I had a full polish done on recently.
second pic shows them on car

third pic is a very wide DOT R race tire mounted on a custom 7" steel wheel on my narrow bodied racecar...
carr914
Dragan welcome.png

Typically when a company widens wheels they also have to go up a size in diameter as wheel, a they cut the centers out and weld/bolt on the rim halves.

There is no need to go out a 1/2 inch, especially at the cost which would be involved. Now if you wanted to flare your car out, you might want to widen your wheels, but even then you would be better off (financially) to buy a different set of wheels.

Here are some BIG Pedrinis ( 16 x 8&9 1/2)

Click to view attachment

timofly
Just had my Empis redone (straighten, polish, paint centers) at USA Wheels in Fairfield NJ. It was almost $160 per wheel, so $129 sounds pretty good. They look good, but I think they got the color wrong, so we may have a hassle yet.

draganc
Thanks for the info guys!

I'll post some before and after pics once the wheels are done.

Dragan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.