Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear control arm removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lagunero
I need to find the cause for the rear sagging before the end of the month. The sagging is on the right side. I'd like to check for corrosion or damage to the pivots/ear without major down time. Is this posible? I'll have to check back on this post later. Thanks for your help.
mike_the_man
How bad is it sagging? Got any pics? If you just put it up on jack stands and crawled underneath you should be able to get an idea of what is going on. It's kinda tricky, but you should be able to at least see the ear and see if it outta whack. I'm sure somebody that knows a lot more than me will chime in with a good answer.
Brad Roberts
You should'nt have to remove it. If you do remove it.. you need to take a measurement for toe so you can reset it when you are done. Pulling them off without removing the rockers panel is tough. They will hit the rocker panel as you pull it out of the inside control arm ear.

I say: jack it up and CLEAN the area thoroughly before pulling anything apart. First place to look, right above the inner ear where the shaft/nut for the control arm meets up. They crack right there starting at one of the factory spot welds on the front side of the ear.

B
lagunero
Thanks for the tips guys. I can't seem to load any pics, but the car now is near level cuz I raised one extra notch on the bilstein (and 140#springs) on the right. Not a real fix but gives an idea. It may be an ovalized earhole. I'll jack it up tomorrow, first things first.
Brad Roberts
Dont preview your pics before posting. There is a flaw in the software that kills them.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.