Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got a good deal today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lennies914
I went to look at a '75 today for the second time. I looked at it on monday and told the guy that it was too far gone and I wasn't interested. Before I left the older gentleman asked me if I would at least offer him a dollar for it. I said I was going to pass and left. When I got home I realized that it probally wasn't the 1.8 he thought it was. Plus it wasn't a '75 it was a '76. It has a d-jet set-up on it. So I went back today and determined that it was indeed a 2.0, and he claims that it ran 18 years ago when his son stored it there. So I went back this afternoon to see if he would just sell me the drive train. I told him I would buy the engine and trans but still was not interested in the car. It was then he asked me if I would just get it the hell out of his backyard! Not agreeing too fast he offered to pay me to take it and he'd throw in an extra transaxle (new gears, broken ears). He said he would pull the car out and point it out the gate for me. At that point I couldn't resist any longer!
underthetire
The one in Brentwood? I was going to look at that one. You did well grasshopper.
Lennies914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 18 2010, 06:15 PM) *

The one in Brentwood? I was going to look at that one. You did well grasshopper.

The picture makes it look good!
underthetire
Well, I haven't moved yet, so when your wife kicks you out, I have a spare room. beer.gif beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.