Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joe's dirty jugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Never seen a set this filthy. still amazed I made it. Will have to add this to the list of things to check before driving a car home.
Joe Ricard
Heads
Joe Ricard
Sombody lift this off me
Joe Ricard
just kidding, this is the other end 2 day home
maf914
That first photo is a little fuzzy. What's Andy doing in Mississippi? laugh.gif

Mike
Joe Bob
Looks like that 914 sat next to the exhaust of the house clothing dryer....lot's of lint....or is that dead mice fuzz?
Katmanken
Amazing what you will find in there.

Mine looked like it had ingested a black halloween wig and dumped the pieces on top of the cylinders. blink.gif

Don't remember if I found any candy or wrappers happy11.gif

Ken
Bleyseng
Shoot Joe, you look like road kill!
hahah, glad you found my pet mouse I lost.

Geoff
Joe Ricard
Turns out that most of the crud is just caked up oilsoaked dirt. Like the car was pulling a plow in te fields.

Got the heads cleaned up Actually can see through all the little air passages. Painted myself in a corner, by pulling heads and then realising I could have presure washed the long block. headbang.gif Maybe I can put the cylinders back in the holes and snug them down. idea.gif

Now I have the Pistons and cylinders off and gingerly cleaning all the crap off the case. Ordering up new seals for exhaust ports.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 1.7L AND 2.0 EXHAUST PORT SEALS
Guess I should lap the valves just because one didn't pass the carb cleaner leak test. ever so slightly got damp on the other side of the valve.

Distributor O-ring (the cause of the mayhem) Already have Viton push rod seals, need to really scrub out the sealing surfaces.

About a mile of fuel hose. some of that stuff is scary bad. barf.gif

At least I got me a plan most of this stuff is cheap. and I work for free. smash.gif
seanery
do the fuel lines outside wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.