Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electric Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914coop
Had a wire melt down on top of cylinder #3 I believe to be a bad ground issue. Have cleaned up the FI wiring and Fix a section of wire going to the dist and coil. Now when testing the connections the black wire seems to carry 12 volts with the ignition on, red seems to have very little 3 volts not constant with the ignition on goes to ground with the ignition off. Green wire have not tested believe it goes to condenser which I am no longer using as switched to electronic Ignition. Yellow wire ???? was cut and taped in the harness not sure what it was for. Issues is I am getting no spark form the coil wire and Looking for Ideas on what to look for next
underthetire
All electronics are the same that i've seen, red to + on coil, black to - on coil, from car, larger black wire + on coil, and i Think black with purple stripe to - on coil (tach wire). The green wire from the harness should be oil pressure lamp. Not sure about a yellow wire. The condensor line is green, but I removed mine from the dizzy when i did the conversion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.