Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Exhaust on 1.8?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bigkensteele
I had no idea how to search on this one, so I thought that I would just ask...

Can I run a stock 75 1.8 with FI using backdated 2.0 exhaust?

I am trying to get my 1.8 car back together for the last few months of driving season, and the late muffler looks like swiss cheese. However, I have a set of 2.0 SSIs and a new 2.0 Bursch that I can put on if it will work. Don't need heat at this point.

I have the hanger bracket and most of the other junk needed to backdate.

Will it work?
Sleepin
Yup!
Jerry75914
I've been running that setup on my 1.8, and its been fine just fine. In fact it was our own McMark that helped me sort out the parts at a local 914 swap meet. Noticed a slight gain in power, but mostly noticeable was a drop in running temps...very wortwhile!

If you want to round out the install, you'll need different j-tubes and heat guide plates.
Als914
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Aug 19 2010, 07:58 PM) *

I had no idea how to search on this one, so I thought that I would just ask...

Can I run a stock 75 1.8 with FI using backdated 2.0 exhaust?

I am trying to get my 1.8 car back together for the last few months of driving season, and the late muffler looks like swiss cheese. However, I have a set of 2.0 SSIs and a new 2.0 Bursch that I can put on if it will work. Don't need heat at this point.

I have the hanger bracket and most of the other junk needed to backdate.

Will it work?

again, yes. In order for me to mount my 2.0 Borla SS, dual, exhaust I had to convert my 1.8 to 2.0 heat exchangers. I have a L-jet w/ 96mm euro pistons, 2.0 crank and web cam suited to the FI. It all runs SWEEEET!
Root_Werks
There's some good threads on this, don't forget to source the backdated heater parts and tin.

73-74' 2.0 muffler hanger as well.

I did this on my 75', very nice you'll like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.