Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok, I need professional help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gigamight
I couldn't pass it up. I's a 2.0 that I got to fire up. It was sitting there looking so lonely and sad. And the price was right.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It will fire up, but I couldn't get it to idle. Someone has been hacking into the seat logic relay center and the ignition switch wiring is all screwed up, but when it fires, ohhhh baby.

See, I have 4 on hand right now, and I have not heard a running motor yet, so this is exciting.

The floors are rotten, the longs are no better, the hell hole is iffy, and there are quite a few spots of surface rust, but this thing was a daily driver up until recently.

I haven't decided yet what I want to do with it; repair this one, or use the engine, or part the whole thing out to help support my first project.

Don't worry Andy, I will get the VIN in the list as soon as I decide.
Gigamight
AC.... in Ohio???? Oh well.

Click to view attachment
Gigamight
Can anyone tell me anything about that exhaust that is on there? I have a Bursch for a 2.0, but is that thing better in any way? All I can say is it's big, and it has a prancing pony emblem on it.
carr914
If you don't have more than 7, Professional help is not needed. A self-help book from Barnes & Noble will do just fine.
Niklas
Ok I have 11 cars do I need help?

Ok just 2 are 914.... the last one bought yesterday.

biggrin.gif
carr914
Yes, you need some help, obviously some kind of German Virus made it's way North. Sounds like a Nice Collection, I mean Disease.
rjames
QUOTE(Gigamight @ Aug 20 2010, 07:40 AM) *

Can anyone tell me anything about that exhaust that is on there? I have a Bursch for a 2.0, but is that thing better in any way? All I can say is it's big, and it has a prancing pony emblem on it.

Ditch it. It just adds a bunch of weight (and noise). I forget the brand with the pony- Manta maybe. I'm sure someone else here can answer that question.
PanelBilly
You could be in the second stage of the desease when you by a car from someone who uses it as a daily driver and immediately start planning to take it apart

the engine was a miss...so doesn't that demand a rebuilt?

And paint...the whole thing needs perfect body panels and a fresh coat of factory matching color
Gigamight
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 20 2010, 05:19 PM) *

You could be in the second stage of the desease when you by a car from someone who uses it as a daily driver and immediately start planning to take it apart

the engine was a miss...so doesn't that demand a rebuilt?

And paint...the whole thing needs perfect body panels and a fresh coat of factory matching color

I said "was" a daily driver.... It's no longer safe as a DD once your foot goes through the floor and the fuel pump comes unattached (among other things).

I think you forget, some of us just try to get these things running to enjoy them, not get spendy with new panels and paint and such. Sure, it would be nice, but not in my price range at this point.

At least, considering above posts, I am not yet as far gone as I thought unsure.gif guess I still have more shopping to do on CL.
Steve
Yep your nuts but so am I!! Hope you have a very patient wife or significant other!!
Gigamight
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 20 2010, 09:00 PM) *

Yep your nuts but so am I!! Hope you have a very patient wife or significant other!!

I have an impatient ex-wife, and an immeasurably impatient girlfriend... so I'm screwed.
Gigamight
I am on my way to pick it up!!! I will be looking for some advice guys on some likely candidates for why it won't idle, so be prepared for questions.
Gigamight
FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!

So here is how my day has gone:

1) Buddy bails on helping me trailer the car with trailer I own half of...

2) Go to Uhaul to rent trailer, they say the car is too big for their trailer. I say "bull$hit," they say "there's nothing I can do"

3) I call owner, he says "I'll call Uhaul"

4) he calls back and says "they say it will fit, try again"

5) I try again, this time the computer doesn't kick it out, I rent trailer

6) hooking up trailer, my hitch pin is missing, guy says "we sell 'em inside" (of course they do)

7) pay for hitch pin, install hitch, guy says "you don't have the right connector for the lights." I say "lemme guess, you sell adapters inside"

8) buy adapter, install lights, begin lowering hitch onto receiver, guy says " you have the wrong size ball." I say "lemme guess..." that's right, they sell them inside...

9) I lose my temper

10) I leave Uhaul parking lot without trailer, without hitch pin, without trailer wiring adapter, and go home without another 914..

11) getting driunk.......
carr914
drunk.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Gigamight @ Aug 21 2010, 05:28 PM) *

11) getting driunk.......

and passing out! drunk.gif
surfbus66
Click to view attachmentThose idiots! it fits. You're not buying the Bradley GT too?
Let me know if you need help picking it up.
Gigamight
QUOTE(surfbus66 @ Aug 22 2010, 02:19 PM) *

Click to view attachmentThose idiots! it fits. You're not buying the Bradley GT too?
Let me know if you need help picking it up.

Heh heh heh...

I knew there was another akron member around here that watched CL...

Heck no, Bradley is just another can o worms I don't need
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.