Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trade 74 LE project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
rotten914
My wife wants me to see if I can trade my 74 LE project for another 914 in slightly better condition. She wants a car that we can finish in a shorter period of time. Some people may consider my car nothing more than a parts car, i'm not really sure how bad it is yet. It does not run and it has been sitting for a long time. I just want a 914, so I'm putting this up to make her happy. If I cant get any interest in it I'll start working on it soon.
JeffBowlsby
How about some photos, details, condition....what parts do you have or are missing?

VIN? Do you have a COA to prove its a real LE?

Approximate value?

biggrin.gif
rotten914
The car is complete. I'm not completely sure of the condition yet because I haven't gotten that far into it. The rear trunk floor is rotten on the back edge and the front trunk has a hole in it under the spare. There are some rotten spots in the floor boards but they are only small spots. I have not yet uncovered the firewall. The battery box is rotten of course and there is heavy rust under it but i'm not sure how deep it is. The motor has not been run since it was parked at least 10 or 15 years ago. The brakes are all rusted up. The rear trunk lid will need to be replaced and there are some holes around the base of the windshield. This is a car that will need serious work, or maybe it will just be worth more to someone as a parts car. The suspension is in fairly good condition and the front and rear sway bars are intact. I have not yet tried to get a COA and I don't really have the money to get it just to try to trade it. I was told by the previous owner that it was a LE. He had no idea what the car really was that is just what he had been told when he bought it in 76. It does have all the markings of a LE along with the matching wheels and front lip. The car doesn't show any signs of being modified to an LE. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
DanT
that looks to be a looooooooooooooooooooooong term project...
It does appear to be an LE that has been neglected for a very long time....maybe since about 1975 sad.gif
rotten914
The last time I can figure this car was driven was in 1986. The previous owner told me it had only been sitting for about 10 years but I think its been closer to 20 if not more. It has an inspection sticker from 1984. The odometer says about 73000 miles.
JeffBowlsby
Wow. Sure looks like an LE. I'd be happy to include this car on the 914 LE Registry if you will let me know the VIN.

Did this car get flooded in Katrina?
rotten914
It may look that way but this car was fortunate enough not to have flooded. It wasn't actually in New Orleans during Katrina. It was about 40 miles away in an area that didn't see much damage from the storm. I'll get the vin for you, it's just been raining alot here so I haven't had the chance to go look.
Cairo94507
Wow! That car needs some serious TLC and $$$$. Best of luck; I hope someone here that has those skills will tackle this car.
rotten914
The vin is 15376
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.