Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Flow Sensor - How's it supposed to work?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mpoffers
I'm trying to solve a start-then-stall problem on my 75 1.8L L-Jet using a troubleshooting guide written for the 912E. Everything LOOKS the same, but the pin-outs seem to be different, particularly the Airflow Sensor and ECU connectors. The connectors both look the same and have the same number of pins, but seem to be mixed up. The airflow sensor itself is marked with numbers that don't agree with the pin-outs shown in the guide I'm trying to use, and the corresponding harness pins show continuity to different pins on the ECU connector.

Before I go too much farther, is that possible? Could the connectors and components look the same but have different pin-outs between the 914 and 912E?

Assuming my harness isn't completely hosed, I'll go on to the air flow sensor itself. It looks like I should have 200-400ohms between pins 6 and 9. I get ~282ohms, at all positions of the flapper. 282 is definitely between 200-400, but shouldn't it vary as I move the flap?

Between pins 7 and 8 I should have between 120-200ohms. I get 185ohms with the flap closed, 160ohms with the flap open. Again that falls in the range, but it varies like crazy as I move that flap. I guess I expected it to be close to 120 on one end and close to 200 on the other, varying in one direction as I moved the flapper.

Is my air flow meter screwed up? Can it be fixed?

Thanks,

Mike

Cap'n Krusty
Send me an e-mail address that can accept a BIG attachment, and I'll send you the factory troubleshooting guide. PM me.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.