Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing Side-Shift Coupler Bushing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
I have new bushing but I can't figure out how to get the pin out of the bar. Am I supposed to pound it out? I tried a few times with a punch and hammer but it didn't seem to budge.

What is the trick to getting these things apart? Pelican's bushing tip didn't address this coupler.

StratPlayer
I sprayed mine with some PB Blaster let it soak for a day or two, then I punched it out. It came out easy.
Spoke
Thanks!

Does it pound out either way?
Tom
Two proper sized sockets and a vice or press. Carefull with the aluminum coupler.
Tom
rfuerst911sc
Tom is correct you really should use a vise. Take some sockets and fit them so on one side the socket goes into where the bushing goes but supports the coupler. Then on the other side use a socket or drift pin that is the same size as the pin you are trying to push out. Two sets of hands makes it easier to line everything up. Start cranking on the vise carefully watching to make sure you are pushing the pin out. Usually takes about 15 seconds once all is lined up.
Spoke
Got it off. Thanks.

I was careful with the aluminum coupler. I used an impact socket on one side and used a valve push rod from a disassembled 1.7 to pound on the other side. The vise method sounds like the ideal situation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.