Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wiring fog light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solo1
am giving up on the brake bleeding need a pressure bleeder and a guy with experiance. am pulling my hair out with this.

anyway am installing fog lights behind the grills on the corners mounting was no big deal but didnt give a lot of thought to wiring these things and i seems like i have to drill holes everywhere to run this thing. there has to be a better way as im not thrilled at the prospect of drilling a hole in my car, for any reason. looking for the expertise of you guys .
tradisrad
I think that all 914's are wired from the factory with the fog light wiring and bolt holes. There is not a lot of extra length wire and you need to pop the back off the the fog light to install the wiring. But bottom line is that no drilling is required. you may find it easier to install the fog light with the bumper removed.
avidfanjpl
Early 914's were not always drilled out for fogs, but I am not sure if that is just in the US.

I have seen where they come through on 73 on, but I have seen behind older bumpers and saw only the holes for the horns. But, can't you use them for the wire?

John
tradisrad
My car was made in April of '70 and it has the fog light wiring and mounting holes. And if his vin # is entered correctly his is a '72
SLITS
You can push the wires thru any grommet hole that they will fit in or drill a hole and grommet it. Some hardware stores might have grommets (My local ACE hardware does)
solo1
link me baby link me. If no drilling nothing overtly complex were can I get the directions they have to be on this board somewhere. There is a mass of wires running inside the trunk etc is there a way to mount up lites and they tie in instead of running new lines from battery to switch etc. Talk me down please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.