Full Version: pedrini wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomh
I understand pedrini's come in 2 styles
late# 914.361.013.01
earley#914.031.00
Will both styles fit a stock 72
Tom_T
Yes - both will fit so long as the front hubs have not been updated to the self-centering/hubcentric hubs with the lip around the center/spindle/dust-cover.

If updated - then only the -01 of any 914 4-lug wheel (Pedrini, Mahle, Fuchs 2L) will work, cuz it has the machined inset on the back to accept the hubcentric lip - as in the pic of the Fuchs' backside below -

Click to view attachment
avidfanjpl
And for cars that Porsche did the refit on, there is a dark green blotch of paint on the inside of each wheel.

Steve Gaglione pointed that out to me. Mine have the green blotch.

Interesting historical item.

John

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 21 2010, 09:26 PM) *

Yes - both will fit so long as the front hubs have not been updated to the self-centering/hubcentric hubs with the lip around the center/spindle/dust-cover.

If updated - then only the -01 of any 914 4-lug wheel (Pedrini, Mahle, Fuchs 2L) will work, cuz it has the machined inset on the back to accept the hubcentric lip - as in the pic of the Fuchs' backside below -

Click to view attachment

tomh
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Aug 21 2010, 09:37 PM) *

And for cars that Porsche did the refit on, there is a dark green blotch of paint on the inside of each wheel.

John

Click to view attachment

Is it common for the front hubs to be updated or was it rareley done?
What are a ok set of pedrini's worth?
tomh
QUOTE(tomh @ Aug 21 2010, 10:41 PM) *

QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Aug 21 2010, 09:37 PM) *

John

Click to view attachment

Is it common for the front hubs to be updated or was it rareley done?
What are a ok set of pedrini's worth?
my pedrini's are the 00 style and since i have a stock 72 these should fit I reckon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.