Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Tank Carpet Covering?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I have a book with a picture of a Porsche brochure showing a 914 with a carpeted gas tank cover??
Anyone ever seen one or have one? Looked cool and really dressed up the front trunk.

Also, was there ever a 914 glove box light. I've never seen one in a 914. What about U? confused24.gif
914Sixer
No glove box light ever. The carpet over the gas tank was done on some of the prototype studies but never used in production. The closest use of lots of carpet was done on the 916. The front and rear wheels wells were done in the trunks.
brant
I have a car with front trunk carpet
its not factory... but really well done by a Previous owner
I'm out of state right now, but have pictures on my home computer I can get upon return

brant
GeorgeRud
I did the carpeting on my conversion car, and and worked out great. 914 Appearance got me the necessary carpeting, and you can easily fit and glue it in place with minor trimming. I really does make the trunk area look nice.

You can also cut a piece to fit over the gas tank area, just takes time to get the fit correct. The carpeting should probably have some sort of backing to stiffen it, though I just used an old piece of 911 front trunk carpet that I had laying around, and it works fine.
MoveQik
Jim LaMonica has a carpet kit over his tank. It looks like a 914 version of the way the 911s were done. Looks really sharp if you can get him to post a pic. I think it is exactly what you are looking for.
mepstein
found this-
bandjoey
Looks like he took off the springs and did a hood holdup rod too. Clean looking front end.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.