Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any ej22 converts out there?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ductech
Like title.... Any phase one ej22 motor conversionist's out there that succesfully rotated the manifold around and somehow mounted the stock subaru alternator on top of the motor still? Did this require removal and eliminating the Idle Air Control valve?

Anyways I'll get back to point.... Any subaru converts out there that have used a phase one ej22 motor?
precisionchassis
Just relocate the alternator to where the A/C compressor was. Ourfront Motorsports has a simple kit that is affordable and includes the right belt.
Ductech
Thats kinda funny they dont show one on there website.
strawman
Go to post #62 of the following link:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...by++rustoration

I am able to use the IAC with this modification on my turbo'd EJ22. Good luck with your project!

Geoff
precisionchassis
QUOTE(Ductech @ Aug 23 2010, 08:06 PM) *

Thats kinda funny they dont show one on there website.

\

It may not be, but they sell them all the time. I just bought a kit last week. Just give them a call, they will know exactly what you are talking about.
Ductech
Hey straw man did you end up removing the oil dip stick tube or just bending it? Your not using the rear mount hole on the alternator are you. Just bolting up to the hole with a nut and washer on the back?
I couldn't catch a good glimpse of the back of the alternator.
d914
the out front brackets work fine..and they have a block off for the air control valve.. They have alot of little pieces and blockoffs for handling the small stuff..none of its on the web site...call and talk to jeremy..
Ductech
also strawman did your IAC have the 90' bend on the big pipe or did you do that ? my 1990 motor has a straight pipe from the IAC no bend to it.
charliew
When I ordered the alt bracket and belt I had to ask ob for it, they seem to act like they don't need no stinkin catalog. My question to them was how do we know what to ask for, it's like you gotta pry the info out of them in their spare time. I haven't bothered with them for quite awhile but they do have some neat stuff if you know the right questions. If you are interested in dealing with them write all your questions down, call them up and ask them what they have that you might be interested in.
brownbear
mine's a 22t. bought the car in may after my brother died. bought the subaru and stripped motor and wiring harness. got a fwd manual trans for $100 and did the swap in 2 months in the summer. still need to build a better subframe for motor mounts but it runs great. made my own conversion plates for axles. cut subaru cups and welded plate on drilled and tapped to adapt to 914 cv's and bus axles. the subie fwd trans was a mistake tho. it is a 3.7 gear ratio making off the line suck especially with the turbo motor. i recommend everyone to go with a converted 4wd.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.