Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - 2056 Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
EdArango
Hi All,
Looking to buy a reasonably priced performance 2056 for DD and A/X. I have 1.7 that I just pulled out of my car and would like to get rid of it as well.

ED

mepstein
Take a serious look at a Raby kit.
SchantzMD
QUOTE(EdArango @ Aug 23 2010, 07:26 PM) *

Hi All,
Looking to buy a reasonably priced performance 2056 for DD and A/X. I have 1.7 that I just pulled out of my car and would like to get rid of it as well.

ED

Hi Ed.

I have a fresh turnkey 2056cc 3 stud head D-Tronic engine like the one photographed. It's in the process of being test run and should be ready by the end of the week.
$4500 with no core needed.
~110BHp

I also have a turnkey 2056cc dual carbed Weber engine with a mild cam in the works that should be ready in about 3-4 weeks.
$4500 with no core needed.
~115-125BHp

I don't really have any use for another 1.7L, but depending on how it's setup I may be able to buy it as a core.

Feel free to give me an email if you're interested
Mike
Riverside, CA
914werke
what's reasonably priced?
Tom_T
QUOTE(EdArango @ Aug 23 2010, 07:26 PM) *

Hi All,

ED

Ed, check with PCNA &/or on your COA (Cert. of Authenticity) & see if the 1.7 is the original engine case no. - if so, then hang onto it for a future pot'l buyer wanting an original resto of a matching nos. 73. You could probably call Kristen at PCNA & tell here your engine case no. & she can tell you if it's original over the phone, prior to ordering a COA. PCNA gives PCA members a discount on the COA too ($20 IIRC).

Also check with McMark/Original Customs on here in the vendors section for the $5000 (+ core) 2056 Raby build (or similar title topic). He may also be a source for a ready to go engine.

PM to SoCalAndy on here (COTM Nov 2009) with the yellow 72 who built his own 2056 (not sure if it was a RABY kit, but I think so), since he's also local in Orange for tips/thoughts.
Tom_T
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Aug 24 2010, 06:02 AM) *

what's reasonably priced?

Rich, he has $4500 w/ no core above, but not sure if that was added after your post.

.... if it's like the pic - which looks like a clean motor build, & if same care was taken on the innards, then it should be a good runner too!
914xprs
MIKE SCHANTZ builds motors that look and perform better than they came from the factory. we have become friends over the years and im gonna say to anyone looking to buy a motor for your 914...do not underestimate these motors. they are priced right and for all the time mike has in these motors by the time he is done....its a steal.

he is meticulous with his work and is the type that stands behind his product. but he has had no problems and has built more motors than i have had 914's...and i have had alot of those...lol.

what he doesnt say is he is a mech. engineering senior and is a walking calculator and knows his stuff.
hey mike....sorry for callin u a walkin calc...but you are kinda smart man....
beerchug.gif
sean_v8_914
wow 4500 turn key w no core...and a reference.
914xprs
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Aug 25 2010, 11:22 AM) *

hey sean,
i know that you know your stuff when it comes to anything porsche, Bruce talks highly of your skills...
alot of people want something for nothin but you and i know what goes into a propper build. add all the cosmetic restoration that is done to perfection...and we would be talking some dedicated hours that cant be charged...i dont just say it because ive come to know the guy...its, i have seen and heard through the 914 comunity how after the motors are installed and the car is driven....a new love developes for driving their car. and he does no real advertising. very little because of word of mouth...he doesnt have too.

anyways, there is my 4 cents.
SchantzMD
QUOTE(914xprs @ Aug 25 2010, 11:46 AM) *

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Aug 25 2010, 11:22 AM) *

hey sean,
i know that you know your stuff when it comes to anything porsche, Bruce talks highly of your skills...
alot of people want something for nothin but you and i know what goes into a propper build. add all the cosmetic restoration that is done to perfection...and we would be talking some dedicated hours that cant be charged...i dont just say it because ive come to know the guy...its, i have seen and heard through the 914 comunity how after the motors are installed and the car is driven....a new love developes for driving their car. and he does no real advertising. very little because of word of mouth...he doesnt have too.

anyways, there is my 4 cents.

Hi Terry

Thanks for the positive comment. All I can say is that I try to do the best job I can with what I have to work with, (and still supply a reasonably priced "good" engine).
Anyway thanks again for the note, now I've gotta start getting ready for another year of classes, fun, fun, LOL.

P.S. Here's a recent email I just received from one of my buyers last week.

P.P.S. Next time you're in my area feel free to stop by for a cold beer.

Mike,

I recovered your email address and here are the pictures of the engine you made for me in the car. Sorry for the delay in getting these to you but my computer crashed, had to get a new hard drive and rebuild it. I am still trying to recover lost information.

I cannot thank you enough for building the engine for me. The car has never run so smooth or quiet before. I have a couple of type IV engines if anyone needs them for rebuilding and just really want to get them out of my garage. I know how rare they are, but know I will never do anything with them.

Scott "Squatty" Nielsen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.