Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought another LE creamsicle today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay well I bought another LE today. The guy I have working on my Creamsicle has one. It has the grasshopper look to it but no biggie. It will be a huge project & one I do over time. As soon as my 1st one is finished & sold. I will begin work on either this one or my Bumblebee. I think the Bee isn't quite as big a resto. So it will probably be first unless someone buys it so I don't have to restore it confused24.gif .

Anyway this is second owner car. He has reciepts dating back to it's purchase from the original owners. Front valance isn't an original but is a solid repro. Besides the hell hole rust it has some in the rear trunk. The back section below the tailights will need replaced. Front trunk is solid but need a little straightening. Looks like someone tried to us a floor jack dead center there & pushed it up a bit. Not bad though. It has all 5 Mahle wheels (painted green). Dash is cracked (big shocker I know) but otherwise the interior is pretty nice. Seats were out of it but he has them. I've got to send out for a COA to be 100% sure it is in fact a Creamsicle. I would say I am at least 95% it is though. It has all the tell tale signs. Just a bummer the hell hole is so bad. It is definately down in the longitude. It is definately worse than my first Creamsicle as far as rust goes.

This is a little crazy as this give me 3 LE 914's tight now. I got hosed on a craigslist deal over the weekend. So this makes up for it biggrin.gif
type47
Doesn't sound crazy to me w00t.gif Maybe you could sell a pair for $60k like the two Bumblebees for sale at $60k!
SUNAB914
You are an LE magnet! keep going
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you LE collectors! what is it with you??? (lol)

QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 24 2010, 12:42 PM) *

Okay well I bought another LE today. The guy I have working on my Creamsicle has one. It has the grasshopper look to it but no biggie. It will be a huge project & one I do over time. As soon as my 1st one is finished & sold. I will begin work on either this one or my Bumblebee. I think the Bee isn't quite as big a resto. So it will probably be first unless someone buys it so I don't have to restore it confused24.gif .

Anyway this is second owner car. He has reciepts dating back to it's purchase from the original owners. Front valance isn't an original but is a solid repro. Besides the hell hole rust it has some in the rear trunk. The back section below the tailights will need replaced. Front trunk is solid but need a little straightening. Looks like someone tried to us a floor jack dead center there & pushed it up a bit. Not bad though. It has all 5 Mahle wheels (painted green). Dash is cracked (big shocker I know) but otherwise the interior is pretty nice. Seats were out of it but he has them. I've got to send out for a COA to be 100% sure it is in fact a Creamsicle. I would say I am at least 95% it is though. It has all the tell tale signs. Just a bummer the hell hole is so bad. It is definately down in the longitude. It is definately worse than my first Creamsicle as far as rust goes.

This is a little crazy as this give me 3 LE 914's tight now. I got hosed on a craigslist deal over the weekend. So this makes up for it biggrin.gif

JRust
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 24 2010, 12:52 PM) *

you LE collectors! what is it with you??? (lol)

I still think you should buy my BB George. Then I would only have one to restore confused24.gif
JeffBowlsby
VIN please... grouphug.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 24 2010, 01:28 PM) *

VIN please... grouphug.gif

4742914358 . I had him call me with the vin. I will be picking it up friday. I'll get the rest of the info then
scotty b
Sonny and Rico approve
Sleepin
IPB Image
Mr.242
You need help! Not like the kind when a BBQ is thrown and HELP is there.

The Kind where you lay on a couch and TALK about happy places....... blink.gif

That many projects and your wife will have a boyfriend very soon!!!!!! poke.gif
PeeGreen 914
Well done Jamie biggrin.gif . You find some choice cars to fix.
JRust
The motor does have a bad bearing. He said it will need a line bore? Anybody have anyone good for that?
Michael N
smilie_pokal.gif Looks good from the photos. You should be doing something more productive with your time like buying lottery tickets or picking stocks. Nice score.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 25 2010, 12:40 AM) *

The motor does have a bad bearing. He said it will need a line bore? Anybody have anyone good for that?

Jerry at NWCR in Seattle does a good job on lineboring . Has all the bearings too. Nice score!
watsonrx13
Congrats Jamie.... aktion035.gif

Now how can I buy one of your LEs and get it to FL? idea.gif

-- Rob
70_914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 25 2010, 02:29 AM) *

Jerry at NWCR in Seattle does a good job on lineboring . Has all the bearings too. Nice score!

+1

1705 S 93rd St Ste D
Seattle, WA 98108

206-763-2487

Just don't get Jerry talking unless you have some free time...
KELTY360
QUOTE(70_914 @ Aug 25 2010, 07:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 25 2010, 02:29 AM) *

+1

1705 S 93rd St Ste D
Seattle, WA 98108

206-763-2487

Just don't get Jerry talking unless you have some free time...

+2

Great guy. Helped me big-time with a wasserboxer project.

BTW, do you have like, a special call, to attract LE's?
scotty b
blink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHWbsvgQUE
JRust
Be nice to find someone in my neck of the woods to do the machine work. Not exactly convenient to run up there for it. Oh well it will be a little while anyway. I was going to pick it up friday. I am home sick unfortunately with strep throat. So it looks more like early next week. Hopefully I will get some good news on MY creamsicle he is working on. Was waiting on hoses for my FI vacumm stuff. Luckily Craig at camp914 had some he sent down. Order a kit from AA but unfortunately that was 5 weeks ago & it still isn't here. I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway dry.gif
jmmotorsports
Jamie,

You know you can make a small fortune restoring these 914's, problem is you have to start with a large fortune.

Jerry
JRust
QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Aug 25 2010, 06:33 PM) *

Jamie,

You know you can make a small fortune restoring these 914's, problem is you have to start with a large fortune.

Jerry

agree.gif Well said shades.gif
mstein95
I was wondering how long it was going to take before that car was in your driveway. I should have started a pool. I'm sure Bruce is happy to have one more car out of his lot.

Congrats
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 25 2010, 05:01 PM) *

Be nice to find someone in my neck of the woods to do the machine work.

I've heard good things about Dan Hall's in PDX. The only thing I can relate personally is that when I walked in with a 78mm Type IV crank, they knew exactly what it was at a glance. Then three days later they told me it was cracked sad.gif
JRust
Got it home today & took more pics. What could that be on the backside of the front bumper & passenger rocker???

Is it Phoenix Red blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.