Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need historic information/pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
I may have stumbled into something. A friend of my fathers saw my car and said he has "something similar that is in storage - a 914-6 that was puchased by his step father". He said it was flared like mine, was white with black fiberglass deck lids and had a red top with a black stripe. It has no motor or interior. Could it be this car?
I have done some research and found that the car below was driven by Werner Christman for Sixtant Racing and took 6th at the Nurburgring - but thats it. I cant find any pics, serial numbers, etc. Does anybody know anything about this car?
theol00
I would suggest you try the PR department of Deutsche Lufthansa, in Frankfurt, Germany - this car was sponsored by Lufthansa.
sechszylinder
hi scott,

maybe you know the following link, but anyways very intersting !!

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/porsche_9146_gt_lufthansa

sunny greetings from berlin smilie_flagge6.gif

benno
Ferg
If you go look can I come along. Pretty please pray.gif
DuckRyder
Shit that would be find No?
theol00
Sorry - I was a little to hasty - this car was not sponsored by Lufthansa - it was sponsored by Braun (the electric rasor folks) and ran under Horst Godel - Braun sixtant racing team - Host Godel was active until his untimely death in August of 2002 at the Master Ralley - do a search under Horst Godel on google !
There is a lot of info on him

Master Ralley 2002
.....03.08.2002 Press Release
Cholm/Juchnov

Schlesser seizes power, Flick wins fame

The Master Rallye was plunged into mourning today by the road accident which caused the death of two German competitors, Horst Godel and Gregor Haug, who were entered in truck 305. Their third team-mate Uwe Ziegler is unharmed and only has some bruising. The truck was on the road section between the two specials of the day when it left the road at 12:50, probably due to the slippery state of the road. Rescuers were immediately informed by the competitor just behind. René Metge and his team deeply regret the disappearance of these devotees of the event. Horst Godel was the correspondent of the rally in Germany.

.......he also ran in Le Mans in 1975....in a Porsche

19 19 63 Porsche Club Romand, CH
Porsche Carrera RS Jean-Claude Bering, CH
Klaus Utz, D
Horst Godel, D 2992 F6 GT 283
3860.607 ....

Master Rallye 2002 3.8.2002
Tragödie überschattet Flick’s ersten Platz

Horst Godel
Foto: Master-Rallye

Gregor Haug
Foto: Master-Rallye

Der Tod zweier Rallye Legenden, Horst Godel & Gregor Haug überschattet diesen zweiten Tag der Master 2002. Horst Godel war der deutsche Korrespondent der Rallye. [MEHR]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bleyseng
looks like this car finished 4th in its class for this race!
Gint
If you go look can I come along. Pretty please

Me too!
brant
me too... me too...

sorry I have no info for you though..
brant
Scott S
It's in Conneticut - road trip!

None of the info I can find jives. The Lufthansa car is now restored and was not white - it was the typical GT orange. That is the car that took the 4th place. It appears the Braun car is what I am looking for - but I cant find pics anywhere. The guy who now owns the car is not a car guy at all and is very uninterested - not a jerk or anything, just very non chalaunt (sp) about it. This may be helpful in terms of price (if it gets that far) but getting me the serial number is not even on his on his to-do list. When we had dinner he said he wasn't even sure if he had the title anymore.
Dad is in the middle of some business deals with this guy that will most likely result in him being out there in the next few weeks. We'll see.
Part Pricer
Did someone say "Connecticut"?

I have assembled a crack team of aficionados (or is that a team of aficionados on crack?) that is training to take on this mission. We are well equipped with digital cameras, video recorders, floor jacks, hand tools and a box of Goobers. w00t.gif

Just tell us the location and we’ll be there within ten minutes. pirate.gif
anthony
I'd classify this mission as top secret. Get your but out to CT and offer the guy the going rate for a 914-6 roller with no motor - $2000, right? smile.gif And then come back here and brag!
Bleyseng
Don't forget the ice picks as they come in handy for finding rust or threating owners to sign the title over.

Geoff
VegasRacer
Here is some info on 914-6 GT's that may help ID the car if you can get the VIN # from the owner.
http://www.porschedecals.com/history914w.htm
lmcchesney
Ya, gotta let Chris Foley, aka Racer Chris, know about this.
L. McChesney
IronHillRestorations
Scott,

Contact Glenn Stazak - glenn@stazak.com

He's pretty knowledgeble on the GT's

PK cool.gif

ps I have a 914 customer in CT, who knows 914's very well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.