Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gone for a few days
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Guys, I have been gone for a few days, and will be gone for atleast a few more..

My Dads condition has worsened and I have mucho responsibilities that are not engine related right now.

The situation worsened when they stopped dead in the middle of a procedure because they found another blockage.

The projections are not good, and I appreciate any prayers that you guys can give us right now...

we are trying to do business as usual, but it is definately not an easy thing.

I will keep you all posted...

will keep yu informed the best I can.
DuckRyder
Our prayers are with you and your family Jake.
davep
You can be sure our thoughts and prayers are with you.
SteveL
My prayers and best wishes are with you and your family.
Gint
Hang in there Jake. Best wishes to your family.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Apr 14 2004, 09:57 AM)
The situation worsened when they stopped dead in the middle of a procedure because they found another blockage.

sorry to hear about your dad ...

is it heart related? just saw this special about stem-cell theraphy for stroke and heart-attack victims and the results were nothing short of a miracle ...

Andy
Eddie914
Best Wishes. God Bless
Hi_Fi_Guy
I've been through these scary situations with my father a few times. I am thinking about you daily and hoping for teh best.
TheCabinetmaker
Lord, please ease this families pain. Give them strength in their troubled times. Give them hope. Give them courage. Give them all your blessings.

Amen
tat2dphreak
our thoughts and prayers are with yout and your family... may the lord bless you with great strength.
si2t3m
best wishes and prayers from the Morin familly.

Marc-André
seanery
Lord, please ease this families pain. Give them strength in their troubled times. Give them hope. Give them courage. Give them all your blessings.
Amen

agree.gif
Hang in there, Jake!
Qarl
Yes... positive thoughts headed your way. Good luck and keep the faith.

You're a good man, Jake.

Regards,

Karl Ellzey
(Hunter's Dad)
maf914
Jake,

My best wishes go to your Dad, and also you and your family.

Mike
jtf914
Sorry to hear about your Dad. I can only imagine how hard it must be.....

-Justin
Mark Henry
Hope everything takes a turn for the better, best wishes.

Mark, Kim, Elizabeth and Ethan Henry
ein 6er
my thoughts and prayers are with you guys!!

doug
zehrschnell914
I'm praying for you too.

Mike
Jake Raby
Thanks guys, it really means alot.

Yes, this is heart related. My dad has had heart problems since age 60, he is now 74. He has had two open heart surgeries since then, 20+ balloon angioplasty procedures and a pacemaker....

It was to the point where he needed intervention every 6 months to clear out blockages, and now they are too widespread and acutely located to even use a stent in them, to open them up.

One blockage is 2cm from another and right on the Aorta, where a bypass joins in to it. This severely limits what they can do...

The bad thing is that for 5 years the possibility of a 3rd bypass surgery has been out of the question. The Surgeons that have looked at him simply said point blank that a 3rd open heart would kill him...

To make a long story short, it looks like even a 3rd open heart is now an option and that tells me just how bad the current situation is...

either way it is just a matter of time, and we all know that.
DNHunt
You two are in my prayers.

Dave
Katmanken
Jake,

I hope everything turns out well for you and your dad. Dads are very special people and mine meant a lot to me.

The business can wait. Take care of your dad when he needs you.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Take care,

Ken
watsonrx13
Our prayers and best wishes are with you and your family.
dinomium
Alls I can say is we too, echo what has been posted.
Best Reagaurds
red914
May God grant you strength and peace.

Semper Fi, Jake.
TGM
My thoughts are with you Jake. Hopefully modern medicine can come through for your dad again.

Best Regards,

T.G.
Steve
Jake I will keep you and your Dad in my prayers.
My dad is also 74, a couple of weekends ago he passed out in the drive way for over an hour. It was at night and nobody noticed a body in the driveway
He couldn't figure out why he passed out so he drove himself to the hospital with my mom after he passed out again in the living room.
In the emergency room he passed out again and his heart was averaging 16 beats per minute.
The next day they installed a pace maker.
I can't believe my Mom let him drive to the hospital.
My dad has a very close relationship with the man upstairs and he has been very blessed and lucky!!!

Steve
Jake Raby
Steve,
My dad did the same thing two years ago..... The pacemaker fixed it 100% and he paces constantly at 69 BPM...

Hell, I have had to almost become a Cardiologist from all this.... I have had doctors tell me to go to medical school because I understand the situation so well....

I just relate it to an engine and it comes naturally!
bernbomb914
Jake I know your pain my son has spent more time in the hospital than out. he also has heart problems. he has had 3 pacemakers but cant fight the infection the last one is still installed so we are hoping. He is one of the best race mechs that I know and has been a great help on the 914.

Bernie
McMark
Good luck to you and your dad Jake. I hope things work out for the best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.