Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Corvette Drivers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
BMXerror
These were posted on the Solo 2 board. Funny shit.
http://www.youtube.com/user/saltysearay#p/a/u/1/jzrXwgMSy1Y

http://www.youtube.com/user/saltysearay#p/a/u/0/n1ngA4IHnAQ
Mark D.
Cupomeat
Very funny! av-943.gif

I was at a WG DE recently and during the entire event you could hear people making fun of the one movie like this, where the guy wants to drive "flat out"...
John
Flatout
PeeGreen 914
lol-2.gif That's soooooooo good.
byndbad914
funny for sure - I took my new Grand Sport (not Z06) to the track a month ago and didn't know how to get the traction control (TC) and active handling (AH) shut off completely. There were a few Vettes out there including a ZR1, and 3 Z06s. I asked around and everyone assured me that Competition Mode is what you use, you NEVER turn it off. Car is a nightmare with any TC/AH on... fortunately I saw Mike Pettiford out there (T1, T2 and Showroom Stock Champ all in the same year, holds track record for T1 in a track prep'd Grand Sport at this track), he told me how to get it all shut off. We sorta laughed about all the other guys who can't drive without the TC/AH on to help them.

The next time I went out, one of the Z06s gave me a point by, I passed most of the cars out there except a Formula 5000 (it was an open track day so lots of various models on the course), another Z06 guy had asked me for a ride, whom was with me while I passed the Z06 and commented "You are definitely way faster than I am" while he hung on. Amazing to me to be honest... Pettiford would make me look like a fool in my own car and I am blowing all these guys completely off the course in a bone stock Grand Sport.

Right now I have a virtual flame war going on one of the Vette Forums once I told everyone they aren't really driving the car if the car is helping drive itself. happy11.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Aug 27 2010, 01:32 PM) *

funny for sure - I took my new Grand Sport (not Z06) to the track a month ago and didn't know how to get the traction control (TC) and active handling (AH) shut off completely. There were a few Vettes out there including a ZR1, and 3 Z06s. I asked around and everyone assured me that Competition Mode is what you use, you NEVER turn it off. Car is a nightmare with any TC/AH on... fortunately I saw Mike Pettiford out there (T1, T2 and Showroom Stock Champ all in the same year, holds track record for T1 in a track prep'd Grand Sport at this track), he told me how to get it all shut off. We sorta laughed about all the other guys who can't drive without the TC/AH on to help them.

The next time I went out, one of the Z06s gave me a point by, I passed most of the cars out there except a Formula 5000 (it was an open track day so lots of various models on the course), another Z06 guy had asked me for a ride, whom was with me while I passed the Z06 and commented "You are definitely way faster than I am" while he hung on. Amazing to me to be honest... Pettiford would make me look like a fool in my own car and I am blowing all these guys completely off the course in a bone stock Grand Sport.

Right now I have a virtual flame war going on one of the Vette Forums once I told everyone they aren't really driving the car if the car is helping drive itself. happy11.gif

YES!!! aktion035.gif

I love it when you can actually back it up on the track...which most can't
byndbad914
it is one of the reasons why I always liked the 914 crowd and the 911-variant racer crowd (note the specifics - the overall Porsche crowd becomes more like the Vette crowd) - the people with 914s aren't pretentious (how can we be, right!) and the racers of both 914s and 911s tend to really be looking to maximize their skill. Not to say there aren't plenty of late model Porsche owners out on the open track days holding up traffic... but the Corvette crowd is far more consistent with only a few owners really looking to make something happen on the road track. Surprisingly there are a lot of them drag racing them which makes no sense to me at all blink.gif Buy a car that can pull a G off the lot and then F it all up so it launches in a straight line.

I just can't imagine spending the money on a sports car to half ass drive it to be totally honest... even if I go to the grocery store there is always some spot along the way with a turn onto an empty street that I am going to have to take at the same speed I am driving straight laugh.gif
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif I agree 100%.
Randal

I never drive either of my 914 race cars without the Porsche traction control on! laugh.gif

BMXerror
QUOTE(Randal @ Aug 28 2010, 09:42 PM) *

I never drive either of my 914 race cars without the Porsche traction control on! laugh.gif

av-943.gif I can't say much. It's easy to drive without traction control when you're in the sub 100hp range. biggrin.gif Although I have a standing offer to drive a 997 GT3 on an autocross course, so we'll see how I handle that.
Mark D.
stepuptotheMike
This version is much better..... but it is NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETmnennvBhM...feature=related
byndbad914
that last vid is definitely spot on - I had a track day with a bunch of co-workers one day about 5 yrs ago and one of them had a pretty new M3 and I had my F150 Lightning pickup. After I rode his ass for five laps (he had enough power to not let me by getting into the straights first of course even tho' I was right on his bumper) I came in and fortunately other co-workers intervened before I got to his car to ask him WTF... I hollered at him to ask if all of his mirrors were full of silver (the paint color of my truck) and he said yeah, but he wasn't about to be beat by a pickup truck dry.gif

I think it was pretty obvious he was already beat, but that kind of attitude is unfortunately somewhat common with guys that have small penises and big money. That is pretty much the story of a few Z06 owners that make it bad for all the rest.

Another said the engineers "put TC for a reason so it should be used"... yeah, no shit Sherlock, they put it in to protect themselves from litigation from idiot owner's estates after they kill themselves driving beyond their means, not because the car is faster with it on headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.