Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signed up for WCC....hope I can finish the car !!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
lets see, I have until June 6th to:

put together engine, install engine and transmission, install main wiring harness (removed it completely for some unknown reason and didn't mark a single wire), change out fuel lines, install tank, install new brake lines, install dash (completly removed) or at least mount the gauges somehow, put doors back on, install windshield....etc...etc... smash.gif
Bleyseng
better hold a BBQ/workparty to help finish that big list, Mike. Lots of work to do!yikes.

Geoff ohmy.gif
Gint
Have you ever actually put one together? laugh.gif I know you can take 'em apart. cool.gif
Jeffs9146
put together engine, install engine and transmission, install main wiring harness (removed it completely for some unknown reason and didn't mark a single wire), change out fuel lines, install tank, install new brake lines, install dash (completly removed) or at least mount the gauges somehow, put doors back on, install windshield....etc...etc...  

agree.gif

You help me and I will help you!

The only reason I have not regestered is I don't think I can have mine back together in time!

I only need to clean and paint the engine bay, clean the engine, install the alternator, oil return tubes, heat exchangers, muffler. Reinstall the motor, assemble the trailing arms and reinstall them! Bleed the brakes replace the oil pressure sender, align and test drive!! beerchug.gif

I am feeling your pain!!

Jeff
Mueller
cool.....I just made a deal with work to take Friday off to be able to spend some extra time wrenching on my car...now I have to figure out how to get the car from the street into my garage...this ought to be fun if I cannot get a hold of any of my nieghbors (you'd think they'd want to get the eyesore off the street, hahahahaha)

the hardest thing now is making sure the wife lets me work on the car and not harrass me too much (she works from home and is easily distracted when I'm home, with me being such good looking and all, LOL)

anyone want to come over to show me how to use the on button on my tools??? smile.gif
Mueller
I gave up my grand scheme of having a bitch'n and detailed 914.....well, at least for a while, I guess I can get anal and masterful later on down the road, right now I just want a good running 914...

Lately I have thought of 914 ownership like the Blues...there will always be someone with a sadder condition 914 than my own which will make me feel better about my own car.... laugh.gif
Jeffs9146
I gave up my grand scheme of having a bitch'n and detailed 914.....well, at least for a while, I guess I can get anal and masterful later on down the road, right now I just want a good running 914...

I agree! I just want to drive it NOW!! headbang.gif

I think I could complete everything in two weekends but I cant seem to get the time!

now I have to figure out how to get the car from the street into my garage

Do you live on a hill? I can stop by and help you push it into the garage if you want!

Jeff
Mueller
Hey Jeff,

name a time next week and I'll bring my garage clothes and we can do some wrenching on your car smash.gif

no big deal on getting my car into the garage, if all else fails I could use my 911 to push the 914 up the driveway....no harm should come from it since the 914 has those lovely bumper tits to protect it smile.gif
mikerose
Mike , So you moved things to the back yard? Or is the mill still in the garage.
Jeffs9146
I could use my 911 to push the 914 up the driveway

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif laugh.gif

I hope your kidding!! I will come and push it before you need to use your 911!!

name a time next week and I'll bring my garage clothes and we can do some wrenching on your car

I was supposed to go to a BBQ on the beach this Sat but it looks like rain!! I may try to do some work on it instead!! The Keg is always flowing and I have BBQ stuff for anyone who wants to wrench!! I will know more on Friday! beerchug.gif

Jeff
JeffBowlsby
I have just updated the posting on then thread 'Look who is attending the WCC', check it out.

We have 9 cars and 17 confirmed people...and a list of others who are 'in the process' of registration.... clap56.gif

You can do it Mike!!! I dont think you've had a drivable 914 since the FrankenFender car have you??? I remember that car...'Sections' of it are memorialized on my 'collectibles' website...dedicated to its memory. smile.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 14 2004, 11:18 AM)
...there will always be someone with a sadder condition 914 than my own which will make me feel better about my own car.... laugh.gif

Well, there's always DD... cool_shades.gif

Hey, waitaminnit..... headbang.gif

--DD
Britain Smith
Hey Dave...I thought I saw your heads up at Jay's, it looked like he was done with them.

-Britain
Brad Roberts
Things are heating up prior to the event. Lots of people scrambling to get cars done. Lots of cars being brought in for service.. lots of parts being sold.

If I can be of any help.. you know I'll be there.

B
Brad Roberts
Dave better not have heads at Jay's.. the car isnt apart.

B
Eric_Shea
the hardest thing now is making sure the wife lets me work on the car and not harrass me too much (she works from home and is easily distracted when I'm home, with me being such good looking and all, LOL)

Oh Paaaaaaaaaa-Leaaaaase! We've seen your wife. The only reason she'd harass you is to get you out of the house so the "real" good looking guys can come over!

Ha! lol3.gif
rick 918-S
If I can Make it you can make it. I have the same list and a new paint job on top of it! GET BUSY EVERBODY! smash.gif
peridotian
Mike,
Don't forget the time it will take to install your wing!
dgw
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 14 2004, 10:27 AM)

the hardest thing now is making sure the wife lets me work on the car .....

anyone want to come over to show me how to use the on button on my tools??? smile.gif

Excuse me!?!?!??!?!
mightyohm
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 14 2004, 12:38 PM)

B

I want mine back soon. sad.gif
Eric Taylor
agree.gif man it's been SO long since I drove it. I wish I could go to the wcc, but I suppose graduating is more important wacko.gif .
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 14 2004, 12:38 PM)

Actually, I have at least three sets of heads. One set that came on the car (lotsa cracks, yum!!), one set that is on the car now, and one set that is really filthy but doesn't seem to have any cracks that is my spare set.

None of them, to my knowledge, are at Jay's.

--DD
Britain Smith
My mistake about the heads...it was another guy with the initial's "DD"

-Britain
Brad Roberts
Darren Dowd. Jason's Friend/My friend.

B
rick 918-S
QUOTE(73/2.0 9fourteen @ Apr 14 2004, 07:15 PM)
agree.gif man it's been SO long since I drove it. I wish I could go to the wcc, but I suppose graduating is more important wacko.gif .

We tried to move the event but it wasn't possible this year. I'm towing my car out solo and picking my family up on the thursday before the event at the air port. The kids are still getting out of school 7 days early.
Chris914n6
Mike... piece of cake, I did all dat in 28 days smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif well except the wiring wacko.gif

My only goal (achievable) is to get 90% of the interior done. The fiberglass dash is going to have to wait til after WWC, no time with school & work. You've seen my car at Reno Wramble, it looks worse now barf.gif more paint fading and dirty engine bay. Neighbors brats added a few dents. fighting19.gif

So my to-do list is:
upholster door panels and trim pieces.
carpet molded on floors and firewall - due in Thurs.
reinstall rear window.
swap windshield.
a/c-heater box in.
in dash computer/gps/stereo/tv/radio - umm, I'm a nerd smile.gif
swap in tall tranny - just need to put it together.

Yah, easy stuff headbang.gif

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.