914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
sean_v8_914
I need to finish Karyn's car
sean_v8_914
before the accident...
sean_v8_914
more
Tom_T
IIRC - AA, Rico Suave - or whatever the heck he goes by on here now, & maybe 1 or 2 other member vendors on here sell them. Take a cruz through the member vendors section. IMHO - anything of NOS Vinyl will be a little "crispy" by now, and a new repro would be a better bet.

If you were doing a 70-73/early-74 with positive stripes, then IIRC someone said you can get the new Porsche stripes for the Boxster Speedster at the dealers & use them on a 914, but they may only come in Red or a few color options (new vinyl repros can do almost any color). That's a FYI for anyone wanting that early type of side stripes.
chris914
I might be able to make something. smile.gif
JimmyG
Chris There was one member I read about a year or so ago that had a blue car he was painting and he produced a backward negative so he could base it in color and then cleared it so there was no tape decal on the sides. Really slick! Do you know of someone making this type of set up ?
sean_v8_914
thanks guys.
option A: I bought some AA stripes from a member here. if they are nice I'll use them and report back to 914 world RE quality.

Option B: if they are crap I'll report back to 914 world RE quality then use them as a template or give them to Chris who is known to me as a good craftsman. I am sure they will be good if he makes them
underthetire
I have the cutter and vinyl as well. It's actually easier than you think to use them for masking to paint. I can make them, but really don't want to get in to that business right now. If you can't get ones you like PM me and i'll give it a shot.
sean_v8_914
thanks. I just dont want to put cheap stripes on Karyn's sweet paint job
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.