Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help locating my old 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RFoulds
I still think of this car as MINE.
In November of 2002, I sold this beautiful 914-6, (9140432497) to a gentleman named Jack Russo, of Martinez, CA.

The car was originally Signal Orange. When I bought it from Lenny Loftin of El Paso TX, it had a modified 2.7, aftermarket sways and links, Koni struts and a lot more. It was scary fast!

If you know where this car is now, or have any knowledge of it in the last 8 years, please let me know. I would LOVE to get this car back in my garage.

Or, if you are in Martinez, CA, PM me. I will send you the address and you can drive by and look for my car!!

IPB Image
Drums66
...She's a beauty...I smilie_pokal.gif
really don't promote repaint's..but you coud'nt have picked
a better color! poke.gif

( it does look familiar idea.gif )
Mike Bellis
I live real close to Martinez. I have to go up there this weekend to my storage. I'll go look for you.

Mike
Michael N
It looks like that vin # was in Mandeville, Louisiana on 8/27/02 per the 914 registry. Was that was prior to you selling it ?

Click to view attachment
RFoulds
Yup. that registry entry was me. Man, I miss that car!!
Mike Bellis
Got your PM. I'll go by there and knock on the door. I will bring my 914 so he knows I'm a friendly. Hope it's still there and he wants to sell back to you. Cross your fingers...
carr914
I've owned alot of -6s, but that is not one of them.

Good Luck on your search

T.C.
Mr.242
Look at Google earth to see if it's parked in the driveway!

Good Luck!
RFoulds
I did try that/ And Bing Live Earth search too with birds eye view. I wish I had kept track of that car...
VaccaRabite
Have you googled "Jack Russo in Martinez Ca"?
A simple google search turned up an Advanced Auto Body that your Mr. Russo seems to own. With a phone number. You could simply just call him and ask what has happened with the car. The cloak and dagger search is not needed - be direct and upfront.

Zach
RFoulds
Well, of course I did that. Called that number many times. two different guys answer, both say they are not Jack and don't know the car.
There is also a Jack Russo who is an attorney near there. I have lef tmessages for him to call me if he is the one who bought the car, but I have not had a return call.
I have done some pretty extensive work trying to find this guy, I have old phone numbers I have even tracked.
Now the body shop address comes up as a residence, only a few blocks from the address I shipped the car to, so I am kinda suspicious that it is the right place, but for some reason they don't want me to know.
RFoulds
There is also a Jack's Automotive listed in Martinez, that reports Jack Russo as the owner. Since its a mechanical and auto body repair, I suspect its the same guy listed as Advance Auto Body. But address and phone are different. No one answers either phone. its always a recording.
Thats why its so frustrating. if I could just get the guy on the phone and find out if he is the one who bought the car, I would be a little more relieved. But, I thought since I know the adress I shipped the car to, that would be the place to start.
Mike Bellis
My wife and I went by Jack's house today. He was not home. We did speak with his neighbors. They told me he sold the 914-6 and that it was not wrecked. They also confirmed that he owns Advance Auto Body and to try him there. He was not at work either but we did leave printed copies of our PM conversation. I added a note that says" Jack, Randy is looking for your old 914. Please call him if you can help". I suspect he may be at the Good Guys car show today. You will see the phone nuber to the shop in the picture. His area code is 925. You may want to call him there during the week.

Good Luck with your searh, sorry I could not be of more help. Mike

Click to view attachment
RFoulds
Thats Awesome information! thanks! So glad to hear it was not wrecked.

Next time yu are in the desert, I owe you a beer or six.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.