Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ground Light Out and No Charge - HELP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I did a search and could not find anything, but where should I start - I noticed when I started my 914 last that the "charge" light on the dash was not lit. After I started the car I also noted that my Voltmeter, which usually shows 14+ volts is showing 12, and lesss when I load up the charging system with lights and fog lamps. What are the typical culprits?
Cap'n Krusty
The fuse that powers the light, the bulb, the regulator, the wiring, and the alternator.

The Cap'n
vesnyder
Thanks! Went in and removed the electrical cover in teh engine compartment and checked all the connections there and the light came on and the batter is now charging! A bit disconcerting that I do not know exactly which connection is teh issue, but I narrowed it down.

Thanks again!

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 26 2010, 09:37 PM) *

The fuse that powers the light, the bulb, the regulator, the wiring, and the alternator.

The Cap'n

dr914@autoatlanta.com
maybe the voltage regulator was not making a good connection! Make sure that it is secured with the two tiny domed headed screws

QUOTE(vesnyder @ Aug 27 2010, 07:13 AM) *

Thanks! Went in and removed the electrical cover in teh engine compartment and checked all the connections there and the light came on and the batter is now charging! A bit disconcerting that I do not know exactly which connection is teh issue, but I narrowed it down.

Thanks again!

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 26 2010, 09:37 PM) *

The Cap'n

ldsgeek
I still hate the German style fuses from when I had a BMW 320i. Occasionally I would have to twist the fuses and r&r the relays so the car would start. When I get my 914 (i pick it up Sept 4 smile.gif ) I am thinking of installing the modular replacement fuse panel I have seen just to avoid this problem from the start.
windforfun
Try some contact cleaner (Fry's or Radio Shack) & a fine wire brush. Keep it stock.
underthetire
QUOTE(ldsgeek @ Aug 27 2010, 08:59 AM) *

I still hate the German style fuses from when I had a BMW 320i. Occasionally I would have to twist the fuses and r&r the relays so the car would start. When I get my 914 (i pick it up Sept 4 smile.gif ) I am thinking of installing the modular replacement fuse panel I have seen just to avoid this problem from the start.

You'll still have to deal with them on the relay board.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.