Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Vinyl for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
recko911
What is the best vinyl to use for the targa sides and top. I'm looking for close to original as possible, and where can I purchase it?
jeeperjohn56
Talk To James at appearence products (Morph) in the vendors section. John
nsr-jamie
I have seen kits for sale on Ebay and other places carry them as well... if you could find the same material you could literally make them yourself.
Tom_T
Also CAMP914, Pelican, AA, PP/Automotion, SMC & even Porsche dealers IIRC sell them.
... vast difference in prices, but CAMP914 is a repro (as is Morph/914AP.com/member vendor) & maybe the others except dealer.
..... I've seen CAMP914 on the yellow 72 COTM Nov`09 & it's a match, & others say the ones I noted above are also correct or very close to OEM (see posts over in O&H Forums).
dr914@autoatlanta.com
buy the original stuff. We import it from Germany and perfectly cut it. It installs with a little spray trim adhesive after masking off the area with blue tape and masking paper.

QUOTE(recko911 @ Aug 26 2010, 10:09 PM) *

What is the best vinyl to use for the targa sides and top. I'm looking for close to original as possible, and where can I purchase it?

budk
Whatever you use, the following instructions seem to be great advice. I ran across them this morning while searching for relavent tips and tricks.

vinyl replacement instructions
EdwardBlume
I used Camp 914 (shameless plug). Used the 3M adhesive can as a roller to knock out the bubbles... take the good Dr.s advice and mask the whole thing...
MoveQik
I used James'(morph) and it looks great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.