Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: riques 'other' project thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Seeing as how Red Rocks is coming up, and we have a 914 that used to be my Dads, I decided I wanted to make this event with the same car my Dad had at one time. The car is really cool, just needs some attention in some places, because it was used primarily as an AX car recently.

My list for the next 2 weeks....

-Engine gone over
-Rust spots
-Trim removal
-Interior touch-up
-Racing seat removal
-Roll bar removal
-Brake check up
-Detail/Brighten up

Starting point, looks all clean.... right?

IPB Image
RiqueMar

Kinda.....

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

these plus the cowl will need some attention

nsr-jamie
Cool!! I loved your other thread on your first orange car build....are you going to do all that work all over again?

How is the orange car going? I got some nice ideas from your post and applied them to my car here in Japan, much work has been done and lots of progress. Cheers
RiqueMar
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Aug 27 2010, 05:22 AM) *

Cool!! I loved your other thread on your first orange car build....are you going to do all that work all over again?

How is the orange car going? I got some nice ideas from your post and applied them to my car here in Japan, much work has been done and lots of progress. Cheers

Oh, no, this is just a short list thread. This car isn't exactly a keeper. We bought it mostly for the internals (engine, HE's, Oil cooler, etc). After we switch everything over to my Dad's car, we are popping a 2.0l in it, and our neighbor is interested in it.

The GT is going strong, the /4 from that will go in this, and I'm dropping a 3.0 in that one. Jaime, you need a progress thread here!
sean_v8_914
you are a tease. tell them whats inside
RiqueMar
No tease here, biggrin.gif

Cleaned and POR15'd the rusty areas, it really wasn't that bad

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

The car getting prepped, also, I'm keeping the bottom sail-trim chrome off.
IPB Image

No rear bumper tits!
IPB Image
RiqueMar
Taped off the area/sanded/ and applied bondo and primer today.

Wet sanding and polyester tomorrow! Only 3 working days til RRC!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
JRust
Way to bust those out Rique! RRC here you come. Get some paint on that bad boy tommorow piratenanner.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 5 2010, 08:58 PM) *

Way to bust those out Rique! RRC here you come. Get some paint on that bad boy tommorow piratenanner.gif

Thanks Jamie! BTW when we get there, I still owe you a beer for sending me your nuts beerchug.gif
sean_v8_914
that car is a bad ass. can I show them whats behind curtain #3?
RiqueMar
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Sep 6 2010, 01:42 AM) *

that car is a bad ass. can I show them whats behind curtain #3?

Lol, ok Sean, ok.
MoveQik
Looks like a big radiator for a /4. biggrin.gif
JRust
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 5 2010, 09:00 PM) *

Thanks Jamie! BTW when we get there, I still owe you a beer for sending me your nuts beerchug.gif

LOL! I forgot all about my nuts. I hope you'll be bringing them along blink.gif . Seriously though looking forward to seeing you there. This is going to be a great weekend. Hope the painting goes well today
rick 918-S
Way cool! That's thrashing at the last minute! smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 6 2010, 09:33 AM) *

Way cool! That's thrashing at the last minute! smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

Thanks Rick, but it doesn't compare to the work you've done on yours these last few days! Can't wait to see it!
RiqueMar

Wet sanded the primer, and added the Pokyester layer. Just have to wet sand that tomorrow and then paint!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar

Wet sanded the primer, and added the Pokyester layer. Just have to wet sand that tomorrow and then paint!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
RiqueMar
2 minutes ago....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
RiqueMar

Car is painted. I'll be at the shop at 7:30 am to finish everything up, and then it's off to RRC at about 12 to meet 76 914 in Temecula around 1. Ugh. wacko.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Sleepin
OK......I am going to send one of my cars home with you! biggrin.gif
RiqueMar
Oh.my.God.I'm.tired.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.