Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Excellent Condition Leather Steering Wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mjz4
Need a steering wheel to complete my project. Thanks.
Tom_T
welcome.png

Assuming you have your old wheel as a core - Dallas Steering Wheel (google online for them) does a great job from what everyone on here I've seen said on recovering them per factory - stick with stock or single - not double wrapped - if you want pure stock. .... about $195 + S&H&tax IIRC with your core (maybe $300+/- no core).

Also several have said NOT to let them paint the wheel or horn butterfly metal, cuz their black paint is off - IIRC folks in the O&H forums are saying Wurth's &/or Wolfsburg West's Satin Black is good, so you can post a query there for the CW recco'd black paint options.
carr914
welcome.png

Here are my 2 wheels done by Dallas ( Double Wrap )

Do not let them paint your wheel "spokes". Most times the spokes are OK anyway, the paint is usually chipped away under the horn button, which you will never see. I kept the original finish or "patina"

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mjz4
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 27 2010, 07:30 AM) *

welcome.png

Here are my 2 wheels done by Dallas ( Double Wrap )

Do not let them paint your wheel "spokes". Most times the spokes are OK anyway, the paint is usually chipped away under the horn button, which you will never see. I kept the original finish or "patina"

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Your wheels look great. What kind of turnaround time did you experience.
carr914
Just a couple of days. I called, got the qoute and address to ship.

Got the photos of the completed wheels in days and they where shipped back promptly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.