Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I thought the Doc would have poted a picture of these a long time ago.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
I sent him an original to reproduce these. So I believe he now carrys the repros. Honestly, I can't tell any difference in what I gave him from these. beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 27 2010, 03:52 PM) *
Honestly, I can't tell any difference in what I gave him from these. beerchug.gif

I can. biggrin.gif

Mine is golden, not silver ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
ripper911
along the same lines...

why are the PORSCHE letters on the grill silver on some cars and gold on others?
PeeGreen 914
These are golden...camera phone sucks headbang.gif
sixnotfour
hey hey isnt one for me ?
PeeGreen 914
yup smile.gif
70_914
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Aug 27 2010, 04:11 PM) *

along the same lines...

why are the PORSCHE letters on the grill silver on some cars and gold on others?

Early cars = gold.
Not early cars = silver.
type47fan
QUOTE(70_914 @ Aug 28 2010, 05:55 AM) *

along the same lines...

Early cars = gold.
Not early cars = silver.

gold = anodized aluminum
silver = chrome plated plastic
Dr Evil
I was like, "WTF?" I received no such task, nor am I capable of repro work on these. Oh, that guy.

I have a NOS in plastic, on the factory cardboard gold on that I would gladly trade for a silver one. I dont like gold.
Tom_T
QUOTE(type47fan @ Aug 28 2010, 09:49 AM) *

QUOTE(70_914 @ Aug 28 2010, 05:55 AM) *

along the same lines...

Early cars = gold.
Not early cars = silver.

silver = chrome plated plastic

Not all - my 73 2L has chrome plated metal, & IIRC the change came in the 74 MY sometime to plastic - along with the rear badges to black plastic & a bunch of other plastic parts changes.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 28 2010, 01:18 PM) *

I was like, "WTF?" I received no such task, nor am I capable of repro work on these. Oh, that guy.

I have a NOS in plastic, on the factory cardboard gold on that I would gladly trade for a silver one. I dont like gold.

happy11.gif Sorry to confuse you.

Why not just hold on to your original and buy a repro and paint it aktion035.gif aktion035.gif . That way you're not killing an original.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.