Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wideband Installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I am installing my innovate wideband that I recently purchased. From the controller, there is a wire that needs to be spliced into a fused, switched 12v wire. Where are others splicing into? I would prefer to use a wire off the relay board if possible because I want to run as few wires through the firewall as possible.

Thanks for your help.
sean_v8_914
fuel pump relay/fuse
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Aug 27 2010, 09:07 PM) *

I am installing my innovate wideband that I recently purchased. From the controller, there is a wire that needs to be spliced into a fused, switched 12v wire. Where are others splicing into? I would prefer to use a wire off the relay board if possible because I want to run as few wires through the firewall as possible.

Thanks for your help.

No splice. Put a doubler on your fuse panel and run it from there. Follow the same path as the wire loom. No more holes need be cut inthe firewall. You CAN get more wires through the rubber grommet.

Zach
sean_v8_914
do you have FI or carbs?
Mark Henry
I never will permanently install my WB...so anywhere I can find switched 12V. Coil, fuse panel, switch power to an amp, etc.
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Aug 27 2010, 07:07 PM) *

Thanks for your help.

I just installed a similar from Richard Clewett.. you will love it.
You will see exactly what your a/f ratio is a any point in time.

A few weeks ago, I turn a 1/4 turn on my carbs and I could the difference.

This could replace some dyno time and thus save you some $$ for other projects.

Good luck!
Cevan
I just installed an LC-1 on my carb'd motor. I've started to recording the A/F readings at various rpms under cruising conditions and the readings under acceleration (1/2, 3/4, WOT).

I still need to buy the Weber book. Will this enlighten me as to what to do if at a particular rpm I'm too rich? Is there an ideal A/R number for these motors? I've read that 14.7:1 (stoichiometric air-fuel ratio) is the ideal ratio for gas in terms of emissions but that engine typically make the most power at around 12.5 to 13.
Mark Henry
At stoich I see a 75*F rise in head temps almost immediately.
Fuel cools, you must run a bit rich on an aircooled.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.