Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ALL vendors are welcome here ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
Enough of it already! Let me make this perfectly clear:

*ALL* Vendors who sell parts for our little cars are welcome here!

I don't care if you have personal issues with some of them. I don't care if you restored your 914 without buying parts from a certain Vendor. Good for you. So what?

In my opinion, anybody who is dedicated to keeping our cars on the road should be allowed to post here. In fact, i WANT them to post here.

If you don't like a certain Vendors postings, DON'T read them. Put that Vendor on your ignore list. Problem solved.

And one more thing: Vendors do NOT have access to our Members email addresses! If you're getting unsolicited emails from a Vendor, it's NOT because of this site ...

Now go out and work on your car or take it for a drive ...
beerchug.gif Andy
dr914@autoatlanta.com
thank you.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 28 2010, 12:41 PM) *

I don't care if you have personal issues with some of them. I don't care if you restored your 914 without buying parts from a certain Vendor. Good for you. So what?

In my opinion, anybody who is dedicated to keeping our cars on the road should be allowed to post here. In fact, i WANT them to post here.

If you don't like a certain Vendors postings, DON'T read them. Put that Vendor on your ignore list. Problem solved.

And one more thing: Vendors do NOT have access to our Members email addresses! If you're getting unsolicited emails from a Vendor, it's NOT because of this site ...

beerchug.gif Andy

carr914
Thanks Andy

Could you please clarify Where you would like Vendors to Post? Are they Welcome in the Garage, or only in the Vendors section? I think that is the reason for the discord of the last 2 days and your answer will go a long way to resolving this issue.

Where are my Keys? confused24.gif

T.C.
Eric_Shea
Could you please clarify Where you would like Vendors to Post? Are they Welcome in the Garage, or only in the Vendors section? I think that is reason for the discord of the last 2 days and your answer will go a long way to resolving this issue

agree.gif

Every other board out there does not allow vendor spamming (DDK, Pelican obviously, early911sregistry, roadglue, rennlist, ferrarichat, aflabbs, 914club didn't, we didn't) and I was under the distinct impression the "Member Vendor" section was set up for this.

Clarity would help alleviate any further ill-will.
hot_shoe914
Well, he said "here" and "here" we are in the garage, so I would think that meant "here" in the garage. If you are at home in your garage and you tell your kid to go get you a beer and bring it here, would you want him to take it to your neighbors basement?Just asking. confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 28 2010, 12:46 PM) *
Could you please clarify Where you would like Vendors to Post? Are they Welcome in the Garage, or only in the Vendors section? I think that is the reason for the discord of the last 2 days and your answer will go a long way to resolving this issue.

The same it has always been ...

- The "Member Vendors" section was created for *YOU*, the 914 owner, so you can easily browse through the Vendor offers without having to search through 500,000+ posts in the garage. We did this to make YOUR life easier.

- Vendors should post new products and updates in the "Member Vendors" section. They have full control over their threads there. They can post as many images as they like and add long product descriptions, pricing and more. Prospective buyers can post questions etc.

- Vendors are *welcome* to post updates, new products, groups buys, specials etc. in the garage as a reminder notice and link those posts to the threads in the "Member Vendors" section. As noted by many, the garage is the place were everybody hangs out, so having a occasional reminder in the garage of new things from a Vendor is OK.
In fact, it is encouraged!

Btw. none of the above is new. This is how it has worked for years.
bye1.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 28 2010, 12:58 PM) *
Well, he said "here" and "here" we are in the garage, so I would think that meant "here" in the garage.

Actually, by "here" i meant 914world.com.

I say it again: "ALL vendors are welcome here!"

Here as in 914world.com. Is that clear enough?
shades.gif Andy
ws91420
If you read the email it from your membership of the "club" site ( as many of are here) now owned by George. So it would not be considered spam since you allowed the site to send emails to you. If you don't want them then change your email preferences on that site
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Aug 28 2010, 04:07 PM) *

If you read the email it from your membership of the "club" site ( as many of are here) now owned by George. So it would not be considered spam since you allowed the site to send emails to you. If you don't want them then change your email preferences on that site

I wondered why I never get spam, just checked, my 914club email address is an old one from my dial-up days. I think I'll leave it that way.
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 28 2010, 03:41 PM) *

beerchug.gif Andy

smilie_pokal.gif
joefri187
- The "Member Vendors" section was created for *YOU*, the 914 owner, so you can easily browse through the Vendor offers without having to search through 500,000+ posts in the garage. We did this to make YOUR life easier.

- Vendors should post new products and updates in the "Member Vendors" section. They have full control over their threads there. They can post as many images as they like and add long product descriptions, pricing and more. Prospective buyers can post questions etc.

- Vendors are *welcome* to post updates, new products, groups buys, specials etc. in the garage as a reminder notice and link those posts to the threads in the "Member Vendors" section. As noted by many, the garage is the place were everybody hangs out, so having a occasional reminder in the garage of new things from a Vendor is OK.
In fact, it is encouraged!

THANKS ANDY!!!

EXACTLY!!! agree.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Now let's move on!
McMark
Done and done.
Katmanken
Thank you Andy,

A gentleman as ever.

And no, I don't get spam from this site or from vendors that post here.

Ken
Lou W
So..... Andy......What are you trying to say?

lol-2.gif
RJMII
Oh good. smile.gif Thank you for clearing that up. I have a busy week ahead of me cutting out wheels and am really happy now to know where the line is, and where I can post w/out feeling like I am spamming.

I was honestly nervous about it before, afraid that I'd get a reaction similar to the one that enticed the creation of this thread. so, thank you again for clearing it up.
URY914
If someone is going to sell his own stuff he should try starting his own site and if that doesn't work, maybe he should buy an existing site.
76-914
Hey Andy, could you be a little bit more clear? av-943.gif smilie_pokal.gif I've not been spamed here. However, if I were it's easy enough to skip or trash. Just like my email. I've bought from everyone and so far GPR is the only one who hasen't pissed me off. I'm not saying any of the others deserved it; I just get pissed off easily. ar15.gif Bottom line for me is this: I'm thankful for every 914 supplier out there.
shoguneagle
You can see why we call Andy "Sir Andy".

I agree with Sir Andy with is his response and words of wisdom. I have never had a problem with "spam" and have never seen it here. What a few may call "span" is not span to the majority.

As always, an excellent club site which provides places where we can get parts for our cars.

My thoughts.
Steve Hurt
Project 6
I don't know how my email was obtained. I don't use it anywhere but this site.....
Tom
Sir Andy,
Well said and thanks! You continue to impress me! Without the support of so many vendors making parts for our cars, it would become more and more difficult for us to keep our cars on the road to enjoy. I hope some day to meet you and but you a beer or three!
Tom
McMark
QUOTE(Project 6 @ Aug 29 2010, 06:29 PM) *

I don't know how my email was obtained. I don't use it anywhere but this site.....

From 914Club. Brad sold your email address.
Tom_T
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 28 2010, 12:41 PM) *

beerchug.gif Andy

agree.gif

Well said Andy.
Jake Raby
Andy,
I have often wondered what the club's viewpoint was on this topic and that cleared the air.
EdwardBlume
beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif

Who's going to break out the acoustic guitar and sing kumbya?
underthetire
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 28 2010, 06:28 PM) *

If someone is going to sell his own stuff he should try starting his own site and if that doesn't work, maybe he should buy an existing site.

Wait, that sounds familiar. Oh ya, 914club.. dry.gif
736conver
QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 30 2010, 10:46 AM) *

AA forum ...........fail
914club forum.....fail
914world forum...cha ching
URY914
QUOTE(736conver @ Aug 30 2010, 12:13 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 30 2010, 10:46 AM) *

AA forum ...........fail
914club forum.....fail
914world forum...cha ching

You SOB's don't miss at thing... shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.