Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windsheild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I took my car out of storage on the weekend to install my engine. It was in a locked building with limited access to about 20 employees. I took the 2 car covers off of it and ....the windshield has about 7 hits on it. (looks like it was from a welding chipping hammer) 3 of them are in the path of the drivers windshield wiper so I will have to get it changed before I can get a "safety" on it for registration.
I got a price quote of about $450 installed if Standard Auto Glass can find one in Canada but it will be more if they have to import it.
How much have you paid for a windshield?

I hope I never find out who did it. ar15.gif
Joe Bob
200 for the last one....sorry to hear about the vandalism.
seanery
make them pay to fix it.
tracks914
QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 14 2004, 05:47 PM)
make them pay to fix it.

That would be easy to do if I knew who them was.
I had the car stored at work, it little perc. Signed a waiver of liability in order to use the facilities for the rebuild and storage. My employer isn't going to payand I wouldn't expect them to either.
seanery
oh, well, that sucks.
GWN7
I was quoted $225 instaled buy a local glass place. After they checked the price went to $550 and it had to be shipped from Atlanta. I believe Mark's buddy down East has a line on some import ones in the $200 range. How's the sink hole?
ablose58
It cost me 465.00 for a sigla windshield. I was told that the only windshields that fit correctly were sigla and ppg. good luck and I hope you catch the sonsa bitches that did that. ar15.gif ar15.gif hanged.gif AL
Mark Henry
I can get you one, $100 for used, I think $200 for made in china, double that + for PPG.

Shipping is the problem though smash.gif

Price would be plus packing and shipping, waiver for breakage, we would pack it to your specs, paid in advance, yada-yada. Then you have to install it.

Standard Auto Glass deal is not too bad, if they break it it's their problem. You will get the "made in china" one for that price.
I know for sure they have windsheilds in Toronto.
tracks914
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Apr 14 2004, 07:23 PM)
How's the sink hole?

Slowly getting filled. barf.gif
For years the guys in California have been told they are going to fall off the edge of NA and land in the sea. Up here we are just falling into an abiss and getting swallowed by the mines. lol2.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 15 2004, 05:14 AM)
Standard Auto Glass deal is not too bad, if they break it it's their problem. You will get the "made in china" one for that price.
I know for sure they have windsheilds in Toronto.

I'll have to ask Standard if they can get the PPG one and how much it will be.
The ones in Toronto, do you know if they are PPG or China?
Jeffs9146
Keep in mind that $250 US is more in Canada!

Jeff
Mark Henry
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Apr 15 2004, 01:52 PM)
I'll have to ask Standard if they can get the PPG one and how much it will be.
The ones in Toronto, do you know if they are PPG or China?

China.

I don't know if they have the PPG units.

I know it's a pisser, but at least it's the windsheild and not the paint. mad.gif

It has to be one of your underlings and/or someone you pissed off.

Tracks smilies in order....

ohmy.gif huh.gif unsure.gif sad.gif mad.gif headbang.gif confused24.gif idea.gif smash.gif chair.gif fighting19.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.