Hello,

My project is near completion but I still needed to attach the rear sway bar. I love my 914 but am not in love with the feeling of the back end coming up and rolling through corners. I have read the opinions both ways, what you gain and what you lose. For me and what I will be using my car for I wanted to install the rear sway bar so the rear would not roll, turn flat and feel more stable.

I was missing several components such as all new bushings,a drop link, brackets and the bushings for the brackets and some better hardware. I compiled everything I needed and was able to use the two-post lift at maintenance yesterday. The rear sway bar went in without too much trouble, I will post pictures later. I was able to check all of the work from the 2 year rebuild and even found a little weazing of fuel hose (it was new FI fuel hose) under the battery on its way to the engine, minimal and the clamp was just a smidge loose so a full turn and I will monitor for any leakage, otherwise things look great.

I have to say I love the feel with the sway bar, it does change the intial turn in feel slightly but I took a 90 degree turn on a green light at a pretty good clip and the results were very good. I am happy the car feels much more stable, I am sure that fresh bushings also help quite a bit.

I love my car driving.gif aktion035.gif flag.gif

ALMS MOSPORT on Speed at 4:00PM

Vysoc