Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We need a "Secret Wave" to each other as we pass!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mr.242
so you see motorcycles do it all the time.....they wave at each other when they pass.

I saw TWO 914's within 20 minutes here in the PNW and all I can do is wave like freak and they just stare. OOPS.

What 'special' wave can we create so know it is us......? Besides my crazed franic waving. Suggestions?

So I was on the Issaquah-Hobart Road yesterday at noon when I saw em.

Any one here? Here is the pic I got of ONE when we stopped at a traffic light, the other was going the opposite direction. Yes, I pulled up next to him and pointed to his open trunk! beerchug.gif

Funny, because I motioned the typical motion to ROLL down the window....the passenger (not over 20 yoa) had to look to the driver and had no idea what I was motioning him to do! Yea, iPods, X-box, and power windows are ruining the teens of this world!! GRRRRRR. blink.gif

Who who is this?????

Click to view attachment
ripper911
You weren't driving a 914! poke.gif
scotty b
I typically remind other teener drivers that they truely are number 1 in my book. finger.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 29 2010, 07:13 PM) *

I typically remind other teener drivers that they truely are number 1 in my book. finger.gif

FTFM
jim_hoyland
If that copper 914 has chromed 2L Fuchs, I met the owner at the WCR 2008 in Isaquah. Name may be Jim Phillips ?
76-914
This is Ron's secret 914 wave. It's kinda like the secret handshake. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 29 2010, 06:30 PM) *

This is Ron's secret 914 wave. It's kinda like the secret handshake. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

I like it, but my tongue is smaller. Can we come up with a middle digit salute (I'm patrial to that), but wirh something non-tongular (just coined a phrase I thonk)?
P
70_914
VW "volks" (I thought it was funny...) give the peace sign when we pass eachother. There is even a forum on the Vortex to post other VW's that you have seen on the road. Most read "passed this wicked low mk1 with P-slots on 512 by canyon. Peace signs exchanged."

What works for teener, porsche, NARP, I feel your pain, or glad yours is off jackstands for now?
Dr Evil
I like the VW shocker hand gesture. It is called the shocker because in gynecologic circles it is the sign for recto-vaginal examinations. "Two in the pink, one in the stink!" The stink one being that actual SHOCKER part happy11.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 29 2010, 09:56 PM) *

I like the VW shocker hand gesture. It is called the shocker because in gynecologic circles it is the sign for recto-vaginal examinations. "Two in the pink, one in the stink!" The stink one being that actual SHOCKER part happy11.gif

you have been hanging around trannys way to long doc blink.gif
rick 918-S
OMG! huh.gif
Mr.242
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 29 2010, 06:56 PM) *

But a good friend of mine who is an OBGYN says "that shocker...naw, it's when your not sure which one is the STINK over the other one....NOW that's a SHOCKER!" barf.gif AND bs.gif

Wait for it doc, you'll be there one day in training...... lol-2.gif

Can we go with this as the 914World Wave as this? aktion035.gif

I kinda knew this guy wasn't really with us...I was in my F350 with BinFord in tow. Had he been on 914World he would have seen the latest forum on our BBQ. He followed me damn near to my house, so thought he was one of us and was going to stop in to see my build. Guess not confused24.gif

blitZ
Just use the Porsche flash.
nsr-jamie
How about a thumbs up?
bandjoey
QUOTE(blitZ @ Aug 30 2010, 09:41 AM) *

Can't get my rear out the window that fast! 911's must have more room is that's how they greet each other. bootyshake.gif
underthetire
I like the upside down piece symbol. As in spread um baby. KMA.gif
Mr.242
QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 30 2010, 08:20 AM) *

I like the upside down piece symbol. As in spread um baby. KMA.gif

It would look like you're throwing down some NARP gang sign, I LIKE IT. Then we should bump it twice to the heart and rotate to a thumbs up.

If the guy FLIPS YOU off back......It's us!

WORD!
EdwardBlume
Some ideas:

Swerving off the road (not uncommon enough here in CA though)
Flash headlights (if they work fast enough)
Give them the two handed vw sign plus signing 914 with all four limbs
Notice them (self explanatory)

Go to your local meet n greet and get to know them... (I know.. too much work)..

underthetire
How about the girl scout salute. evilgrin.gif
solo1
use the OK symbol thumb to forefinger. turn it on its side its a P for Porsche. My kid came up with that.
underthetire
QUOTE(solo1 @ Aug 30 2010, 09:17 AM) *

use the OK symbol thumb to forefinger. turn it on its side its a P for Porsche. My kid came up with that.

Ok, thats a good one! I vote for that one.
7TPorsh
My Vote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyi-T0RG_Yo

Classic!
roadster fan
QUOTE(solo1 @ Aug 30 2010, 09:17 AM) *

That is a good one except in the town I work in that sign stands for "Posada" which is short for La Posada Trece, a Sureno criminal street gang. Flash that to the other side and end up dead. I would pass on that one unless you are packing heat ar15.gif

I think it is funny how when I see "new" 914's around that the drivers seldom wave back, where as when I see a car and driver I know is on the "world" they usually wave first. I think the non-"world" owners think they have a pinky raising special car. Nobody has told them it is a NARP/VW/VOPO yet laugh.gif

I like the "shocker" as the official sign tho! That will really offend the 911 crowd.

Jim
underthetire
There are gangs in Aptos sad.gif

We go to SeaCliff almost every year.
Sleepin
Smashmouth had it for our 914's...

With her finger and her thumb,
In the shape of an 'L' on her forehead...

lol-2.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 30 2010, 11:35 AM) *

lol-2.gif

ouch sad2.gif
montoya 73 2.0
I second or third the motion!

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 29 2010, 06:56 PM) *

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 30 2010, 11:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 30 2010, 11:35 AM) *

lol-2.gif

ouch sad2.gif

No blink.gif , that means married...
ripper911
I say, Bullwinkle horns.

Thumbs on the side of your head with the other fingers spread high!
alfred.gif
Mr.242
How About a combo of the middle finger AND a Thumbs up!

For YOU be F'd up in that 914!
Click to view attachment

It's multi-directional....depending on the reaction of the person receiving the wave.

av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Aug 30 2010, 03:36 PM) *

How About a combo of the middle finger AND a Thumbs up!

For YOU be F'd up in that 914!
Click to view attachment

It's multi-directional....depending on the reaction of the person receiving the wave.

av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Is that F-U and I need a ride again?
Drums66
QUOTE(blitZ @ Aug 30 2010, 07:41 AM) *

Anything else is VW poke.gif
swl
QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 30 2010, 08:15 AM) *

How about the girl scout salute. evilgrin.gif

needs the fingers spread out into a tripod - homage to the noble jackstand.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(blitZ @ Aug 30 2010, 08:41 AM) *

Agree! That's the best. Took me almost 5 years to get one from another Porsche. Now they know we can kick butt. Don't agree, look at the PCA Parade autocross FTD winners over the last 15 years. See many911's/928's/944's, et all in that group. Hmmm, wonder why?
Pat
jt914-6
Years ago the flash was the thing to do. With 914's though sometimes the lights didn't come up quickly enough....The "new" Porsche owners would think there is a cop up ahead....
nsr-jamie
Flash your fog lights...mine flash quickly, no need to use the headlights as they are too slow...
jt914-6
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Aug 31 2010, 07:47 AM) *

Flash your fog lights...mine flash quickly, no need to use the headlights as they are too slow...

You can't flash what you don't have...... biggrin.gif
qa1142
how about this?
zymurgist
What are the odds that 2 914s within driving distance of each other will actually be running anyway?
pcar916
I bought my 914-6 conversion in San Francisco in 1994. Having owned the car for a week, and that day, running the Skyline drive route and out to Half Moon bay, I heard a scream from my left and saw a woman hanging out of the passenger window of... something, wildly waving at me as I took that exit. I especially noticed noticed she was holding up the six-finger query.

I shook my head yes as I was taking the exit too fast, but never knew who that was. She never introduced herself at a later event, but she was incredibly cute! I'm sure that had nothing to do with the fact that she was two-thumbs up at my car.

I've often though it might have been Mrs. K!!!!! Did I say that out-loud?

I move that the 914world response should be a thumbs-up immediately followed by a Hawaiian hang loose? It' obvious a compound response is required! driving.gif
BiG bOgGs
I am interested in the secret wave for when I am not in my teener. I drive for my work and I would like a wave that says I am a 914 owner too. Flashing lights, might work as a way to say howdy to a fellow teener when two are passing in their teeners, but most people would be wondering why some family truckster is flashing their lights at them.

So far I like the idea of three fingers pointing down to represent jack stands.

poke.gif
avidfanjpl
I like the tripod thing too as long as it doesn't:

1. Get one of us shot for not being in the right gang

2. Get us busted for some sign language that we are trying to pick up a hooker and we are lying about what we are really packing

3. Have little kids giving us the finger back when they don't understand, but they saw Dad doing it when a riceburner cut him off in his teener last weekend

I have only seen 1 in 16 months of owning Orangina.

That includes going to several Breakfast Clubs and Donuts meetings in OCR.

Almost no one shows up with a teener unless it is an AX, then there are 2.

But I have not put mine in the shape I want to till this coming weekend.

I hope...........

John
SLITS
QUOTE(BiG bOgGs @ Aug 31 2010, 04:39 PM) *

I am interested in the secret wave for when I am not in my teener. I drive for my work and I would like a wave that says I am a 914 owner too. Flashing lights, might work as a way to say howdy to a fellow teener when two are passing in their teeners, but most people would be wondering why some family truckster is flashing their lights at them.

So far I like the idea of three fingers pointing down to represent jack stands.

poke.gif

Truckers flashing head lights means a Blue Meanie is on the roll on your side, hiding behind something, a problem exists up ahead of you, or you left your high beams on stupid.

Hookers use CB in the rest stops.

The "Universal Bird of Happiness" salute is for teener owners. For all others .... well, it depends on what they do. I'll give them a thumbs up unless it's a Cayenne.

No bullet holes in my doors yet!

carr914
I think San Francisco already has a wave gayfight.gif
mojorisen914
How about the 'Hi Sign' from the Little Rascals. You know; hand waving from under your chin??
Mr.242
come on...saw another 914 and I had nothing.

I was ready to do all that have been mentioned, but I had to put my cell phone down since I was texting, emailing, and dialing a call.

I missed the chance to do the 3 finger jackstand "gang sign"

roadster fan
QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 30 2010, 11:32 AM) *

Ha, I used to live in the Seacliff area, moved one exit south to Rio Del Mar a few years back. No I said the town I work in......not Aptos. I work in Salinas, CA which I like to call "the new armpit of California". You've been to Aptos poke.gif , not much to do for work here.

Jim
simonr
I like the OK symbol with all four fingers shaken up and down . It says it all!!!!
underthetire
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Sep 9 2010, 11:10 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 30 2010, 11:32 AM) *

Ha, I used to live in the Seacliff area, moved one exit south to Rio Del Mar a few years back. No I said the town I work in......not Aptos. I work in Salinas, CA which I like to call "the new armpit of California". You've been to Aptos poke.gif , not much to do for work here.

Jim

That makes more sense. Salinas is oakland south. Aptos is awesome, so is Rio Del Mar.
bandjoey
We can all add a police side spotlight to the door and flash that at each other. w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.