Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sun visor repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
Had a hair brained idea I just had to try, not that I had a lot of time to spend on it. I took pics, but my camera is in a box somewhere, so I need to find my data cable for my phone. Also in a box.

Bought some expanding foam in a can at Wallyworld for about 2 bucks. Not the tripple expanding stuff, just the cheap foam.

Removed my visors and took them apart. Inserted the straw nozzel in through where the philips screw tightened them on the shafts. Filled the first one with foam from both sides. I had cut 2 pieces of MDF to clamp the visor in between. It came out a lot less saggy, but I think I needed a little more foam in it. Second one is curring now. If yo don't clamp it between the wood, it will swell like a balloon.
I will add pictures as soon as I can download them.
And please excuse any spelling errors, as my laptop is packed away still, so I had to use one without spell check.
AZ914
I don't know about sun visor repair but..

YES.. I am tired of flabby old lady B**Bs

smile.gif
PRS914-6
You can send your visors to Vinyl Specialties and for $55.00 the will look brand new. They have done 3 sets for me and they all looked perfect. Money well spent.....Here is their web site
McMark
Awesome tip, Jeff & Paul. Saggy visors always bug me.
AZ914
Thanks for the tip! Definitely on my to-do list now.
siverson
I just always remove them...
underthetire
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Aug 29 2010, 07:49 PM) *

You can send your visors to Vinyl Specialties and for $55.00 the will look brand new. They have done 3 sets for me and they all looked perfect. Money well spent.....Here is their web site

That's a good deal. I was. Qouted 150 from another guy. That's why I tried the foam.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Aug 29 2010, 09:49 PM) *

How do they look? Are they like to original or are they stitched around the perimeter? Any pictures? Do they install a mirror on the passenger side?
Drums66
...Buy another 1(un flabby ole lady) laugh.gif

Their getting hard to find
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.