Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What class?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
bmtrnavsky
Now that my car seems to be running well I'm thinking I may watt to AX it... I have been reading the classes though and I can't figure out what class I want/ need to be in based off mt current set-up.

My car is a 73 2.0 with the following mods:

BMW front calipers, 19mm master cylinder, stainless break lines, and cross drilled rotors, stock shocks with 100 lb rear springs, hydraulic lifters, and a petronics in the stock distributer. It is basically set up to be a fun car that gets a bit of spirited street driving and fair weather commuting.

There is obviously a lot more I could do, and I'm no pro, I just want to have fun and hopefully be competitive in my class while maintaining good street manners.

So what class and what would you do to it next?
PeeGreen 914
Our local PCA would likely allow you in S1 although due to the brake work you would be in P1.

SCCA I would suggest Novice for your first year unless you want to run in a class. Not sure where you'd run but there are many at the AX that would.
BMXerror
I'm not sure on the local classing in Washington, but nationally I'm pretty sure the brakes and ignition work would land you in D Street Prepared. Not a bad place to be at all... Oh yeah, this is for SCCA. PCA gets you more track time for your buck, but in my humble opinion, SCCA makes you a better driver. Either way you'll have a blast. aktion035.gif
Mark D.
bmtrnavsky
Thanks guys... I'm thinking I really want to do this soon, but I want to make sure future mods don't put me into a class I can't possibly compete in.
PeeGreen 914
Just take your car as is and get seat time. Then you can decide where you want to go with it beerchug.gif
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 29 2010, 10:21 PM) *

Just take your car as is and get seat time. Then you can decide where you want to go with it beerchug.gif

That's the plan. aktion035.gif

Had to get it where I was comfortable driving it more than 30 minutes from home... It's there now!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.