Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB; rear reflector for between taillights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Lennies914
I just picked up a '72 for my next project car and it appears to have had a rear reflector at one time. Rather than weld up the holes I would like to find a replacement.
Thanks
strawman
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Aug 29 2010, 08:35 PM) *

I just picked up a '72 for my next project car and it appears to have had a rear reflector at one time. Rather than weld up the holes I would like to find a replacement.
Thanks

Hi Lennie --

I've got one off a 1976 911 that I parted. Most of the mounting tabs are intact (others could be epoxied back on), but you'd have to cut it to fit between the 914 tail lights. I'm in Davis, so next time you're in the area PM me for my cell phone number to discuss. Or I could bring it to the next Donut Meet in Sac. I'm not sure what they're worth, but we could discuss it. I was thinking I'd mount it in the garage for the Kewl Factor, but if you could use it that would be better...

Geoff
Lennies914
QUOTE(strawman @ Aug 29 2010, 09:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Aug 29 2010, 08:35 PM) *

Thanks

Hi Lennie --

I've got one off a 1976 911 that I parted. Most of the mounting tabs are intact (others could be epoxied back on), but you'd have to cut it to fit between the 914 tail lights. I'm in Davis, so next time you're in the area PM me for my cell phone number to discuss. Or I could bring it to the next Donut Meet in Sac. I'm not sure what they're worth, but we could discuss it. I was thinking I'd mount it in the garage for the Kewl Factor, but if you could use it that would be better...

Geoff

Thanks Geoff,

I'll contact you prior to the next meet. Does it has the same contour and hieght? Has this been done before?

Lennie
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Aug 30 2010, 06:27 AM) *

Has this been done before?

Lennie

Lennie,

It is done all the time. In fact I would guess most of the rear reflectors are the cut down 911 version. Mine is (though I have a 914 version someplace) and I'll be at the next donut meetup if you want to take some measurements.

Brett
underthetire
Hey, if you change your mind, my welder is about 2 blocks away beer.gif
Lennies914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 30 2010, 09:09 AM) *

BIG holes!
pilothyer
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Aug 31 2010, 12:37 AM) *

BIG holes!

Just put it on stitch mode, use a brass backer and stitch away quarter size holes no problem. welder.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Aug 30 2010, 10:37 PM) *

BIG holes!

I can cut all the round slugs you need if thats whats stopping you. We can even take a trip to San Jose and pick up the TIG welder if you have 220....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.