Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB center caps and balancing beads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biker bob
Looking for a source for Pedrini wheel center caps and wheel balancing beads.
SLITS
Center caps for Mahle, Fuchs & Pedrini are all the same ....

Balancing beads???? Clip on or Stick on lead weights are your choices. Readily available at most parts stores, tire shops, etc .....
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(biker bob @ Aug 30 2010, 09:16 AM) *

Looking for a source for Pedrini wheel center caps and wheel balancing beads.

I tried balancing beads in my van to judge if they worked good enough. Maybe I didn't use enough. I had them removed and went to weights. Not a believer.
bandjoey
Do a search for Beads and there a long post on tire beads.
'we'll I finally balanced my tires ' is how it's titled I think.
Couldn't copy the link from my phone.
DanT
center caps biggrin.gif
underthetire
Wasn't the "balancing beads" nothing more than the heavy airsoft BB's?
ldsgeek
Dyna beads is the brand I use on my Goldwing. They specifically state on the website that for auto use they should be used as a secondary balance only, to keep things in balance. It has to do with the width of a car tire leaving a flat(ter) area between the sidewalls than on a bike tire, which is curved all the way across. That being said, the narrow tires on our cars may be narrow enough to work without lead. I use 2 ounces in the 140/90-16 on the back of my 'Wing, you might want to double that for a car tire. And yes, for a bike they make a huge difference, not sure about a car.
bandjoey
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...86&hl=beads

Pros and Cons from Pros and Cons biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.