Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ground location for dual relay?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mpoffers
75 1.8 l-jet.

Pin 85 of the dual relay is listed as ground. There are two wires connected to that pin, both white, but I get no continuity to ground. Where do these two wires go? Where is their connection to ground?

I have good continuity between the chassis and the battery terminal. I will verify that I have good contact between the motor and the chassis first thing this evening.

Thanks,

Mike
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(mpoffers @ Aug 30 2010, 01:36 PM) *

75 1.8 l-jet.

Pin 85 of the dual relay is listed as ground. There are two wires connected to that pin, both white, but I get no continuity to ground. Where do these two wires go? Where is their connection to ground?

I have good continuity between the chassis and the battery terminal. I will verify that I have good contact between the motor and the chassis first thing this evening.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

Pin 85 on the dual relay is a brown wire that gounds to the motor. My L-Jet has a spade on the motor toward the rear / and middle. See:
http://www.ratwell.com/technical/DoubleRelay.html
Note: there is only 1 85, the diagrams in the link make like there are 2 85's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.