Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPI in Joliet, IL area needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
loco914
Newbie looking for reliable vendor for PPI in Joliet, IL area. Any suggestions?
jmill
Lots of Midwest folks. I'd say Brad Mayeur from 914LTD. Why the heck would a guy in Texas look at a Midwest car. This is the rust belt up here. I imported mine from Az.

Here's his info back for 2008. You can also PM him on here (914ltd) and see if his knowledge and price are what your looking for. He's about the only shop in these parts that comes recommended.

Brad Mayeur
914 Limited, Inc.
1162 N.Byerly Hills Dr.
East Peoria IL 61611

309-694-1797
Grelber
Have you looked at Wayne's car here in Wylie? Look for it in the classified's.
Grelber
loco914
QUOTE(jmill @ Aug 30 2010, 07:15 PM) *

Lots of Midwest folks. I'd say Brad Mayeur from 914LTD. Why the heck would a guy in Texas look at a Midwest car. This is the rust belt up here. I imported mine from Az.

Here's his info back for 2008. You can also PM him on here (914ltd) and see if his knowledge and price are what your looking for. He's about the only shop in these parts that comes recommended.

Brad Mayeur
914 Limited, Inc.
1162 N.Byerly Hills Dr.
East Peoria IL 61611

309-694-1797

Thanks for the info. I'm actually looking into Gary's (etcmss) '74. I like the '74 and was pleased with the pics he sent me.
loco914
QUOTE(Grelber @ Aug 30 2010, 07:18 PM) *

I have seen his ad, and it is a nice car for sure. Just not the right one for me at this time.
bandjoey
Welcome. Tell us what Ur looking for and we might find a local car to look at. And! About 6weeks till MUSR. See the Green highlighted post.
welcome.png

these are great cars. Easy to work on and fun to drive BUT you have to look in the hidden places to check on rust. Pull up the carpet behind the seats to see if the rear window leaked and floors Under the tar inside are rusted. Take out the battery and look at the hell hole. Pull out the bottom of the rockers and check the longs around the Jack holes. Read some of the restoration posts here to see hidden rust.

Good luck in finding a good car.

qa1142
QUOTE(jmill @ Aug 30 2010, 04:15 PM) *

Brad Mayeur
914 Limited, Inc.
1162 N.Byerly Hills Dr.
East Peoria IL 61611

309-694-1797

Brad is my go to guy when I get stuck, highly recommended beerchug.gif
ChicagoPete
QUOTE(loco914 @ Aug 30 2010, 07:09 PM) *

Newbie looking for reliable vendor for PPI in Joliet, IL area. Any suggestions?

Perhaps Glen Stazak can help, he is out west there, and I think he has been in Joliet lately with the PartWerks stash liquidation.

I don't know what his handle is here, but, he is "GMS" over on RoadGlue.com

Peter
bandjoey
Did you find a car and where in FTW are you?
loco914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 2 2010, 03:41 PM) *

Did you find a car and where in FTW are you?

Still trying to get things lined up for Gary's '74. Hopefully will know for sure in a day or two. I am in N. FTW/Keller area. driving.gif
bandjoey
Great. Hope it works out. There are several of us in the northeast tarrant area. Keep us posted.
BigDBass
Did you find someone? Brad would be a great choice.
I'm an hour or so away from Joliet, but far from the most skilled PPIer. But I can try to go take a look if you need.
loco914
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Sep 6 2010, 08:56 AM) *

Did you find someone? Brad would be a great choice.
I'm an hour or so away from Joliet, but far from the most skilled PPIer. But I can try to go take a look if you need.

I did speak with Brad last week, but with my work schedule lately have not been able to match up with him to iron out the details. If it checks out, I plan to go get the car next week.
loco914
Update: Just talked to Brad and he was able to look at the car over the weekend. Everything is in order so now the adventure begins! Working out the details with Gary and hope to have the car back in TX next week. Thanks to all for the help. I will update as we progress.
loco914
Leaving today to go get my first 914! piratenanner.gif
Taking a train from DFW to Joliet just because I can sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. After 70+ hours this week, I am looking forward to the trip.... beer3.gif I should be there around lunchtime tomorrow and with any luck will make St Louis for the night. driving.gif Can't wait to get it home.
carr914
Cool, we're both getting 914s on 9-14 blue914.jpg

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.