Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lug bolt question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hot_shoe914
Anybody know off hand the length of the lug bolts that fit the Fuchs? Also, does anybody have 16 of them for sale. Man wants to drive the dragon with us but needs lug bolts for a wheel upgrade. He is located in the northeast so inspiration for you other northeast guys to travel on down for MUSR11.
SLITS
37 - 38 mm

Accept no un-verified parts. There were some marketed, but were not OE. The ball was cut incorrectly and they didn't fit quite right.

I believe thare are some VW or Audi studs that are threaded similar, but have a small hex head (17mm instead of 19). they don't look quite right but will fit.

No, I don't have 16.

There was a place on the net you could order similar to OE for about $1.29 each in lots of 25 I think. I could be dreamin' though.
DanT
the factory lug bolts that I have are all 38mm threaded portion...
agree with Slits, watch out for aftermarket knock offs....some are OK, some are total junk.

has he considered going with screw in studs and open ended lug nuts...easy to come by..
and contrary to some, they work just fine if installed correctly.
Tom_T
IIRC Porsche still sells the 38 mm L x 19 mm lug bolts, but not sure if they're black or silver - for about $16-20 apiece.

Repro Chromed ones are a lot less & I think these after market ones are the same fit wise from what I've heard, & maybe are the ones Slits is talking about -
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=753309
DanT
that particular Samba seller has had a less than stellar past on this board sad.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
40mm with a ball seat.

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 30 2010, 08:07 PM) *

Anybody know off hand the length of the lug bolts that fit the Fuchs? Also, does anybody have 16 of them for sale. Man wants to drive the dragon with us but needs lug bolts for a wheel upgrade. He is located in the northeast so inspiration for you other northeast guys to travel on down for MUSR11.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.