Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No rear springs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bmtrnavsky
I have called all over looking for new rear springs for my car and I can not get anything other than stock springs. It looks like they have been on backorder since MAY? Anyone have a pair they want to sell or a source that may have them? I have also heard about progressive rate springs but can not find those either... Looking for a lowering spring with between 100 and 140 pounds.

Any ideas or suggestions???
dr914@autoatlanta.com
gpr should have some 160 progressives in stock. Dave when he was alive swore by them as the best all around shock for spirited 914 driving

QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Aug 31 2010, 07:29 AM) *

I have called all over looking for new rear springs for my car and I can not get anything other than stock springs. It looks like they have been on backorder since MAY? Anyone have a pair they want to sell or a source that may have them? I have also heard about progressive rate springs but can not find those either... Looking for a lowering spring with between 100 and 140 pounds.

Any ideas or suggestions???

dem
If you're doing the Bilstein HD combo, you could go with the Ground Control adjustable spring perches + 150 pound springs for $220ish.

That's what I'm running, and it is certainly nicer than the KYBs that were back there before.

That being said, I ran the 165 pound progressives 10 years ago, and I liked those fine too. smile.gif
steveherman
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 31 2010, 10:34 AM) *

gpr should have some 160 progressives in stock. Dave when he was alive swore by them as the best all around shock for spirited 914 driving

Because i will be looking for springs soon i searched gpr... NOTHING AVAILABLE

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com

As I have said many times before we hate to reproduce what someone is already doing and weltmeister performance products now eckler's had been making the springs. We because our friends at Troutman did not want to make the original stock springs, had them made at what we think is the premier spring manufacturer in the country, and have offered them as an addition to the weltmeister 100 140 and 180 lb springs as well as the GPR progressive 165 lb springs.
Seems like now Eckler's may not want to make them anymore, and if so we will step up. What we would need is a set of the 140 lb and the 100 lb new if any one has a set to lend. If so we will give them their set back and a free new set when they are run. Since we are already setup to run springs the whole process of making plenty of 100 140 and 180 will only take a month! they can be very cheap too!
steveherman
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 31 2010, 07:18 PM) *

As I have said many times before we hate to reproduce what someone is already doing and weltmeister performance products now eckler's had been making the springs. We because our friends at Troutman did not want to make the original stock springs, had them made at what we think is the premier spring manufacturer in the country, and have offered them as an addition to the weltmeister 100 140 and 180 lb springs as well as the GPR progressive 165 lb springs.
Seems like now Eckler's may not want to make them anymore, and if so we will step up. What we would need is a set of the 140 lb and the 100 lb new if any one has a set to lend. If so we will give them their set back and a free new set when they are run. Since we are already setup to run springs the whole process of making plenty of 100 140 and 180 will only take a month! they can be very cheap too!

I would be in for either 100 or 140!
I would even be down for a set of the progressive.
windforfun
http://www.highperformancehouse.com/
steveherman
QUOTE(windforfun @ Aug 31 2010, 07:44 PM) *

They dont have any springs listed either.
but they dont have much porsche content at all from what i see.
SLITS
George, Why don't you call Troutman and see if he has a stash at the secret warehouse in Lake Elsinore?
DanT
QUOTE(steveherman @ Aug 31 2010, 04:51 PM) *

QUOTE(windforfun @ Aug 31 2010, 07:44 PM) *

They dont have any springs listed either.
but they dont have much porsche content at all from what i see.

just call Rich and ask him...he has a ton of stuff that is not on his website...
He has an entire warehouse full of 914 stuff.... biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 31 2010, 06:18 PM) *

Sheeeze! I had a set of 180 lb Weltmiesters on the shelf for 5 years. I just installed them in the Alien last night! It took me 5 years to install them. I'm not taking them back out.
Eric_Shea
I have a pair of new 180 Progressives that I won't be using.
sixnotfour
what rate are these , says heavier than stock ? more than 10 aviallable
914-4 75lbs ? 914-6 90lbs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sQ5fAccessories

carr914
Get a hold of Jason @ Paragon.

I've got 5 or 6 sets of springs....somewhere confused24.gif
SLITS
Oooooo, the infamous train man

Troutmans' wholesale price was about $80 per pair for stockers as I remember.

Buy them from Moroni Boy (Eric Shea).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.