Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Denver to Moab Whos going my way?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I plan to be in Denver Wednesday 9-8. Keving and I have been talking about getting the final details done for the Car-B-Q likely Thursday. Sandy is taking an afternoon flight from MN to Denver. I will need to get her from the airport Thursday night. So, our plan is to leave the hotel heading to Moab around 9:14 (or something like that... biggrin.gif )

Who wants to meet up and where? I don't know Denver so if you have a favorite place get me an address for the GPS. assimilate.gif
Scott S
Would love to say hi Mr Rick! I know everyone involved is on a pretty tight schedule, so at the very least, I will swing by Kevs place over lunch on Thursday to say hi. My office is only 10 minutes from his pad.
beerchug.gif
Scott S
mojorisen914
Rick,
I'm not sure what you're asking. Give me a call and we can work something out.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Aug 31 2010, 10:36 AM) *

Would love to say hi Mr Rick! I know everyone involved is on a pretty tight schedule, so at the very least, I will swing by Kevs place over lunch on Thursday to say hi. My office is only 10 minutes from his pad.
beerchug.gif
Scott S

Cool! Hey, how far is your shop? drooley.gif I would wub.gif to check it out if there is time.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Aug 31 2010, 10:37 AM) *

Rick,
I'm not sure what you're asking. Give me a call and we can work something out. My number is 720-878-5300

Left you a message. biggrin.gif
Scott S
Not far at all - about 30 minutes from Kevs place or even down town - and that it only due to traffic (t only takes 10 minutes on off hours). My "kitchen pass" is for Thursday nights, and I am usually down there from 5:30 to 9:30 pm or so.

Hell, if you or any of the other gents are interested, I could grab a few pizzas and have dinner for anyone who is interested. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Aug 31 2010, 10:50 AM) *

Not far at all - about 30 minutes from Kevs place or even down town - and that it only due to traffic (t only takes 10 minutes on off hours). My "kitchen pass" is for Thursday nights, and I am usually down there from 5:30 to 9:30 pm or so.

Hell, if you or any of the other gents are interested, I could grab a few pizzas and have dinner for anyone who is interested. beerchug.gif

Sounds like fun. My only limiting factor is getting Sandy from the airport Thursday night. She hasn't purchased her ticket yet. I think she is waiting to if I actually get my car back together... huh.gif I'm sitting watching the driveway for the big brown truck to pull in with my new tires.
JRust
just to show my ignorance of where things are in CO. I am flying into Grand Junction thursday around noon. Not sure if it is on the route to Moab or not. Eric (sleepin) is picking me up at the hotel & I am driving Val's car down to Moab. If you come through. I'd be happy to be in a bigger caravan down to Moab driving.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 31 2010, 11:16 AM) *

just to show my ignorance of where things are in CO. I am flying into Grand Junction thursday around noon. Not sure if it is on the route to Moab or not. Eric (sleepin) is picking me up at the hotel & I am driving Val's car down to Moab. If you come through. I'd be happy to be in a bigger caravan down to Moab driving.gif

Grand Junction is on the way. But are you heading down to Moab Thursday or Friday?

We will be heading your way Friday. You will be about 3-3 1/2 hours west of Denver. If we get out of town by say 10:30 we should be passing Grand Junction around 1:30-2:00.

Scott S
Rick -
If I can move to Wednesday night, would that work better? I will run it by "the boss" and see if that works with the schedule.

Jrust -
You are on the far western edge of the state. Denver is east of you by 350 miles or so. You are in the perfect place to hit Moab easily - its only like 100 miles from you. I am just guessing that everyone will be going down I-70 from Denver all the way out - which runs right through Junction.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Aug 31 2010, 11:40 AM) *

Rick -
If I can move to Wednesday night, would that work better? I will run it by "the boss" and see if that works with the schedule.

Jrust -
You are on the far western edge of the state. Denver is east of you by 350 miles or so. You are in the perfect place to hit Moab easily - its only like 100 miles from you. I am just guessing that everyone will be going down I-70 from Denver all the way out - which runs right through Junction.

Wednesday may work out. I will keep you all posted on the progress of the Alien rebuild.
JRust
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Aug 31 2010, 09:40 AM) *

Jrust -

So depending on when you guys come through we may be able to join you for the last 100 miles. No biggie but if timing works that could be cool biggrin.gif
mojorisen914
Ally and I will be leaving downtown Denver on Thursday around noon. We won't be in any hurry and most likely will stay the night near Grand Junction on Thursday night.

Here's my cell number for everyone. 720-878-5300.

Rick, I'll call you in about 40 minutes.
Sleepin
By 1:00 Friday afternoon, I will be fairly intoxicated and sitting on my lawn chair in the Red Rock Inn parking lot waiting for you guys.

We won't see them Jamie.... well until Friday afternoon. We will be in Moab chilling by 3-4:00 Thursday. Maybe we can get some site seeing and extra relaxation in.

Grand Junction is 100 miles from Moab....Denver is 380 miles from Moab....and that must suck! lol3.gif
Gint
Up in the air over here. The closing on our old house may get moved to Thursday or even Friday morning. Which isn't a bad thing, but it might delay our departure.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gint @ Aug 31 2010, 08:18 PM) *

Up in the air over here. The closing on our old house may get moved to Thursday or even Friday morning. Which isn't a bad thing, but it might delay our departure.

Just call me if you want to join in.
Scott S
QUOTE(Gint @ Aug 31 2010, 05:18 PM) *

Your old home sold that quickly? Wow... HUGE congrats!!! We have homes in our nieghborhhod that have been on the market for pushing 2 years.

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Aug 31 2010, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Aug 31 2010, 05:18 PM) *
Your old home sold that quickly? Wow... HUGE congrats!!! We have homes in our nieghborhhod that have been on the market for pushing 2 years.

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Thanks, but that's premature at this point. Nothing's over yet. I won't believe it's done until I'm walking out of the closing. Supposed to happen the 17th, but the appraisal is in and the buyers loan went to underwriting and is pending final approval. If that happens we're going to try to move the closing up to next week.
spare time toys
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 31 2010, 11:42 AM) *

Wednesday may work out. I will keep you all posted on the progress of the Alien rebuild.

Did all the crud from the moisture damage clean up OK.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Sep 1 2010, 08:24 AM) *

I started cleaning up the engine last night. I'm not too happy with it but it will have to do for now. dry.gif

When you gettin another teener Larry? bye1.gif
majkos
Hey Rick, I've weds & thurs open
more time to get her done sawzall-smiley.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(majkos @ Sep 1 2010, 08:48 AM) *

Hey Rick, I've weds & thurs open
more time to get her done sawzall-smiley.gif

Just had my new tires mounted. Here's the list that's left:

Bleed the brakes

Clean and paint the engine bay.

Fix a couple work-around-wiring fixes

Install the engine

Change the oil

Get it running

Clean the mold out of the interior dry.gif

Everything else smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

I'm calling on these guys to help. assimilate.gif alien_2.gif alien.gif
majkos

Ahh?

Can I say?

" FAR OUT!" av-943.gif
Gint
Come over and see the new place Rick! I'm off Thursday and Friday. I have plenty of space up here, we could invite the gang over and do some grillin Wednesday or Thursday night.
MoveQik
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 1 2010, 09:45 AM) *

Just had my new tires mounted. Here's the list that's left:

Bleed the brakes

Clean and paint the engine bay.

Fix a couple work-around-wiring fixes

Install the engine

Change the oil

Get it running

Clean the mold out of the interior dry.gif

Everything else smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

Damn Rick, that looks just like my list.

Wash

Wax

Vacuum

Clean windows

Check iPod playlist

Organize trunks

Make sure tool box is clean and ready for someone else to use, if needed

So much to do, so little time!!!
WaideS
Damn Rick, that looks just like my list.

Make sure tool box is clean and ready for someone else to use, if needed

So much to do, so little time!!!
[/quote]

JINX
iamchappy
Rick, i have been riddled with guilt for not staying later and helping you clean up the Alien's spore problem.....to much to do so little time, but i should of made time for all the help you have given me..... I felt like i abandoned you...

Good luck and have a ton of fun!
spare time toys
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 1 2010, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(spare time toys @ Sep 1 2010, 08:24 AM) *

I started cleaning up the engine last night. I'm not too happy with it but it will have to do for now. dry.gif

When you gettin another teener Larry? bye1.gif

Well for now we are in a small apartment and half our crud is in storage. When we get a house and a pace I can work in Ill get another one.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Sep 2 2010, 08:23 AM) *

Rick, i have been riddled with guilt for not staying later and helping you clean up the Alien's spore problem.....to much to do so little time, but i should of made time for all the help you have given me..... I felt like i abandoned you...

Good luck and have a ton of fun!

Don't worry about it Chappy. That's the way we roll. Too much life too little time. I got it handled. I feel bad I couldn't pull the front back over on the 924. So were even. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.