Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line sizes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
Looking at the stainless steel fuel lines available for purchase, I see there are different size options.

Is there a specific size that should be used on a dual weber /4 bus motor and also a 40IDA3C 3.0L SC motor? Can they be the same size? With the fuel pump under the gas tank.

Thanks.
patssle
Bumpers!
Rotary'14
QUOTE(patssle @ Aug 31 2010, 05:35 PM) *

Bumpers!

If you are going carbs on both engines you can get away with only one SS fuel line. I think webers like 4.5 psi or something like that. The reason people get 2 is that one line is the feed, and one line is the return for FI cars. IIRC 1970~1974 cars had 9mm feed fuel line, and 8mm return line. I hear that later cars are both 8mm.

IMHO if you are going to the trouble of running one new fuel line, you might as well run the return line too. Because you might change your mind later and go FI.

IMHO you should go with stock replacement sizes,, are you making more than 300 HP? Then maybe you might want a larger feed line.

Please forgive my shameless plug,,,
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=110158

-Robert
avidfanjpl
Actually, mine are 9mm and 7mm. Both SS. PO installed them. I had to get the right size mm tubing, and that damn 9 to 7mm one for FI that goes to the filter.

But, carbs are different. FI runs about 50psi down to the motor and 30 back.

Which is why there were fires. There is a 914-2.0L for sale on here that had an engine compartment fire. Not sure if it was gas or electrical.

John
patssle
Ahh, that would make it easy, just replace the stock size. I was curious if sizes was specific to engine application (not a huge 300 hp+ engine).

So for a 3.0L carbed engine on a 1976 914, 8mm supply line would be the appropriate size?

Just double checking!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(patssle @ Sep 1 2010, 10:06 AM) *

Ahh, that would make it easy, just replace the stock size. I was curious if sizes was specific to engine application (not a huge 300 hp+ engine).

So for a 3.0L carbed engine on a 1976 914, 8mm supply line would be the appropriate size?

Just double checking!

An 8mm supply line is appropriate (9.5mm is ok too) for a front mounted pump installation and will provide sufficient fuel for a 3.6 liter engine.

BTW, I recently added firewall and engine shelf grommets to my SS fuel lines webpage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.