Full Version: 9:14 Breakfast anyone? April 24th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Come and get them P-cakes!

IHOP Santa Clara, CA

9:14 AM

Saturday, April 24th

Just show up...no reservations needed.

Bring a 914 if you have one...come see what roadworthy 914s look like if you don't. Last chance for motivation to get your car on the road before the WCC. The May 9:14 breakfast is cancelled only because the WCC will be the week following the regularly scheduled breakfast date.
JeffBowlsby
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
PatW
Hey Jeff.

Will you be accepting registration paperwork and a check at the breakfast?
SirAndy
i'll be there ...

if anyone is interested, there's an Auto-X on Sunday the 25th down in Marina.
http://lpr.pca.org/source/autocross.htm

driving.gif Andy
Jenny
I'll be there. There's a gun show in Reno that requires Brian's attendance, so I will be sans SO. But I will most likely be bringing another Shyu with me. chowtime.gif

Jen
SirAndy
looks like we'll have a little 914 caravan going down 880 from the east/north bay. anyone who wants to join in?

driving.gif Andy
JeffBowlsby
Cross-posted everywhere…

I am away from the computer for a day and look what happens! The RoadGlue list is still alive? 30 posts in one day about a breakfast supersedes the number of posts all year…So now I know its food that brings you guys to life…8^).

The following is the previously posted SF BAY AREA schedule so you can see that we are actually on track, and according to plan, but we can change this schedule if needed:

SCHEDULE – Bay Area 9:14 Breakfasts 2004

Mar 27 East Bay (Pleasanton) – Donuts/Drive

Apr 24 South Bay (San Jose) - Breakfast only

May 29 No event (West Coast Classic is following weekend)

Jun 4-6 - West Coast Classic

Jun 26 East Bay (Pleasanton) - Breakfast only

Jul 31 South Bay (San Jose) – Breakfast only

Aug 28 North Bay (Novato) - Donuts/Drive

Sep 25 East Bay (Pleasanton) - Breakfast only

Oct 30 South Bay (San Jose) - Donuts/Drive

Nov – Holiday Break

Dec – Holiday Break

We should avoid the herd mentality of a hasty decision. Multiple breakfasts will fracture our Bay Area group and then no one will participate. A single, larger breakfast which rotates locations around the SF Bay Area has a much better dynamic and will bring more 914s together. Someone shouts ‘hey what about…’ and all of a sudden it’s a stampede. It would be a far richer 914 experience if we had several regional breakfast hosts, willing to do minimal coordination, who could help plan the breakfasts, but few have volunteered. Its super easy, just select an easy to find venue with good food and parking, tell me and I will post it. You will even get kudos for your effort!

I have always encouraged local areas to host their own 9:14 Breakfast and as a result there have been great breakfasts in Seattle, Tacoma, Oregon, Virginia, Chicago, Florida and other places. The Bay Area is not so large where we should have multiple breakfasts in my opinion, but anyone outside the Bay Area, while always invited to the Bay Area 9:14 Breakfasts, should consider organizing their own local 9:14 Breakfast. We can each only dream of the day when we can be visiting emissaries to other 9:14 Breakfasts in other far away parts of the world. All Good 9:14 Breakfasts should be held on the last Saturday of each month though…

I anticipate that The Bradster may volunteer to be our Fremont 914 Breakfast Chairman as soon as he gets settled in. He was our Novato connection until he moved…but hey people do that, its not the end of the world fellas, you are not abandoned.

Patrick Pickerell is our Pleasanton Breakfast Chairman. He had a last minute, important business call in March…give him a break, the man has to prosper so he can buy 914 parts…As I understand it there was still a 914 vs 911 hill climb-masquerading-as-road tour and a V8 Conversion meet that was held that day.

To make this the best series of 9:14 Breakfasts anywhere, we need 914 Chairperson volunteers for the vicinities around Novato, El Cerrito, San Francisco and San Mateo. We can hold the breakfasts at each of these locations a couple times a year so not everyone has to be always driving to attend. I do drive my white 914 frequently BTW…usually 500-600 miles per week…not including 2 trips to Los Angeles. Its been my daily drivers since 1998 when I bought it…

No one can be at every breakfast each time it is held, so it means that we need to work together in a coordinated manner to benefit the group. I am willing to continue the master coordination and announcements, but your help is needed.

See you Saturday April 24th at 9:14 am at the Santa Clara IHOP?
theol00
I'll be there - Theo smilie_flagge6.gif smilie_flagge24.gif
Brad Roberts
Yes. Fremont will hold one somewhere along the line. 84 and Ardenwood right off of 880 and 84. BIG parking lot with an IHOP and a OSH. Conveniant for the East bay peeps and only 20 minutes for most south bay people.

B
Brad Roberts
Anyone ?? Just checking.

I will be there...

B
SirAndy
yupp, i'll be there ...

driving.gif Andy
Britain Smith
I will be there...

Also delivering my WWC registration forms...

-Britain
Brad Roberts
I may drive something *blue* tomorrow.

B
shoguneagle
Put me down. See Ya'

Steve Hurt
Jenny
Planning on being there. And dropping off WCC registration info as well.

Jen
JeffBowlsby
I may drive something *blue* tomorrow

Olympic blue perhaps? biggrin.gif

Nah...couldnt be...
Brad Roberts
I just canned that idea. Too many issues. It will be blue but it will be my truck.

B
peridotian
The boy and I will be fighting to eradicate liver cancer on Saturday morning, and washing the car and taking driving lessons Saturday evening. Wish I could be there! Jeff, will you be at the AX? Britian, I will have the laser cut stuff at the AX meet.
Britain Smith
Sounds good Patrick...see you at the autocross.

-Britain
SirAndy
on my way ...

driving.gif chowtime.gif Andy
rick 918-S
What the Hey! are you guys and gals still at breakfast?! confused24.gif Where are the pict's? Your not sharing...
Dave_Darling
Dude! Didn't you see Aaahndy's post? Two pages worth of pics, plus other jabber.

Click Me for Aahndy's post!

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.