Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems with the car please help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
deloreandude86
Ok guys, Austin here, got the 914 a few days ago, suprisingly the body is immaculate. There are some minor blemishes and bubbles here and there, but the underbody is completely solid along with battery tray and hell hole area, it is fuel injected and i got the engine to fire for a few seconds. all electronics are working great except for my reverse and break lights, also when i turn the car on my flasher relay has power to it somewhere and instead of flashing the green arrows, it flashes the red square on the left side of the fuel gauge, was wondering what this meant or if anyone could help with these problems, also im having a really hard time getting it into reverse, ive gotten it a couple times but it seems to be pretty difficult. Thanks everyone for your help
Dr Evil
If R is hard to get either your shifter is not adjusted correctly, due to bushings most likely, or your clutch is not fully disengaging which is either clutch cable or tube usually.

welcome.png
deloreandude86
updating post
type47
QUOTE(deloreandude86 @ Aug 31 2010, 06:40 PM) *

... also when i turn the car on my flasher relay has power to it somewhere and instead of flashing the green arrows, it flashes the red square on the left side of the fuel gauge, was wondering what this meant

My first thought is the emergency brake is on and the brake warning flasher is operating as the factory designed it to work.

Brake lights could be wiring fault, brake switch on pedal cluster, burned out bulbs, rusty bulb sockets ... Go to pelicanparts and get the electrical schematics to help trace circuits.
rwilner
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 3 2010, 07:25 AM) *

QUOTE(deloreandude86 @ Aug 31 2010, 06:40 PM) *

... also when i turn the car on my flasher relay has power to it somewhere and instead of flashing the green arrows, it flashes the red square on the left side of the fuel gauge, was wondering what this meant

My first thought is the emergency brake is on and the brake warning flasher is operating as the factory designed it to work.

Brake lights could be wiring fault, brake switch on pedal cluster, burned out bulbs, rusty bulb sockets ... Go to pelicanparts and get the electrical schematics to help trace circuits.

As others have stated:
There is a switch so when the parking brake is on, a red light in the left gauge cluster will flash. If it goes away when you release the parking brake, that's working fine.

The brake light is almost definitely the brake light switch. It's screwed into the pedal cluster and probably just needs to be adjusted. You'll have to remove the plywood pedal board to access.
76-914
The red square is supposed to flash when the parking brake is engaged. One screw holds the switch at the base of the Ebrake handle. Also, be sure the ground wire to the switch isn't touching the body and grounding out. This is a good time to service that switch, also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.