Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: One of the most amazing places on Earth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
A video I shot in 2008 during a trip in the USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5y65pJX1eU

The video has been blocked by Youtube for german users because of copyright issues with the music I used. Sorry ! ...
d914
where??
johannes
In the Navajo Tribal Park next to Page (Lake Powell) AZ.

I visited it in 1999 and 2008. In 1999 we were almost alone and payed a small fee. Things have changed in 9 years.

There are two canyons in the aera.
The Uper Canyon is the most visited because it's the largest and the easiest to visit. It is at ground level and you can stuff a hundred of visitors at the same time.
The Lower canyon is smaler. This is the one shown in the video and as you can see not suitable for old or overweighted visitors.
I visited both and prefer the lower one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antelope_Canyon

Gustl
wow - very impressive

never seen such a cool "natural construction" before

beerchug.gif Gustl
Drums66
...Near Grand Canyon & snake river?? idea.gif (other canyon?)
Very cool atmosphere!.....thanks bro bye1.gif
Eric_Shea
Welcome to my world. wink.gif
shoguneagle
Welcome to the Wonders of the Southwest. I live about 140 miles from these slot canyons in Flagstaff, AZ. In a lot of ways have their own special attractiveness. These are special in their own right; if it rains get out of these canyons very quickly!! Glad you enjoyed them and hope you can return again.

Steve Hurt
Flagstaff, AZ and Northern California
76-914
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
championgt1
My uncle used to live in Page. I have been in that same canyon. It truly is an amazing place. If you ever go again, rent a boat on Lake Powell and cruise around for the day. Amazing! I would love to get back there.
Eric_Shea
If you ever go again, rent a boat on Lake Powell and cruise around for the day. Amazing

agree.gif Boat + Lake Powell = Amazing fun and scenery.

IPB Image

IPB Image
championgt1
Yep! One of the best days I ever had.
smontanaro
Slot canyons can be quite dangerous, even for experts. Between a Rock and a Hard Place.
tradisrad
that just might be part of the next family vacation. thanks
echocanyons
I agree North and South Antelope are out of this world.

If you like that I definitely recommend peekaboo /scary zebra in southern Utah and the wave in Az.

There are hundreds of narrows that you can explore on your own without a guided tour.
patssle
I was going to stop there on a California road trip I just got back from, but I had car issues in Vegas and quickly got out of the mood of the extra driving around the north end of the Grand Canyon. In fact I looked up this thread while on the road to find out the details.

Oh well, maybe in the future!
Eric_Shea
Here's some more to add from last weekend:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
johannes
Looks fantastic ! Where is this ?...
Eric_Shea
That's Bull Creek Gorge. About 20 some miles east of Bryce Canyon. Had to 2-track the Cayenne about 9 miles into the back country to get to it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.