Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery Tender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
I connected a battery tender to the battery the other night since the car was sitting for a while. Came out in morning and the red charge light was still lit. I pulled the battery and re conected the battery tender. It charged no problem. I reinstalled the battery and the car cranks but won't start. 75 1.8 L Jet injection. Checked the fuses, all look good. What could have fried and drew the current from the battery tender not allowing the battery to charge?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Usually a shorted alternator will drain the charge out of a battery, but that would really have nothing to do with the car starting.
Please look at the fuel pump operation and the spark first (ignition switch not good, dual relay not making connection) That is a start. 12 volt test light is a good thing to have!

QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Sep 1 2010, 08:11 AM) *

I connected a battery tender to the battery the other night since the car was sitting for a while. Came out in morning and the red charge light was still lit. I pulled the battery and re conected the battery tender. It charged no problem. I reinstalled the battery and the car cranks but won't start. 75 1.8 L Jet injection. Checked the fuses, all look good. What could have fried and drew the current from the battery tender not allowing the battery to charge?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.