Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maxwelj
I just got my '70 2.0 6 refired after a long down time. I'm pretty sure I have the timing close, but it doesn't want to idle below 1500 or so, and when I bump the throttle, I don't see anything coming from the accelerator pump in the middle throat on one side. I think the floats are set a little high as well, according to the handy-Dandy little sight tube I bought from our host. My question is, is there one pump that feeds all throats on one bank so I need to look for a blocked passage or something? Just want to know where to start.
Thanks for your help.

Jack
dr914@autoatlanta.com
probably a clogged idle jet. try pulling one spark plug lead at a time and see if one does not make a difference. If so then that is the suspect cylinder. Unscrew separate and clean the idle jet.
It is probably not that easy but that is a start.

QUOTE(maxwelj @ Sep 1 2010, 11:31 AM) *

I just got my '70 2.0 6 refired after a long down time. I'm pretty sure I have the timing close, but it doesn't want to idle below 1500 or so, and when I bump the throttle, I don't see anything coming from the accelerator pump in the middle throat on one side. I think the floats are set a little high as well, according to the handy-Dandy little sight tube I bought from our host. My question is, is there one pump that feeds all throats on one bank so I need to look for a blocked passage or something? Just want to know where to start.
Thanks for your help.

Jack

McMark
Yup, one pump per side. If two work and one doesn't you've got a clog AFTER the pump and before the jet. Pull the offending squirter nozzle and blow it out. The image shows what the nozzle looks like and where it goes.
maxwelj
Thanks a lot guys. I'll see what I can find. Hopefully not a mud dauber or something like that.
jt914-6
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 1 2010, 02:57 PM) *

Yup, one pump per side. If two work and one doesn't you've got a clog AFTER the pump and before the jet. Pull the offending squirter nozzle and blow it out. The image shows what the nozzle looks like and where it goes.

agree.gif
You might want to soak the squirter nozzles in carb cleaner for a bit. If that doesn't fix it, remove the pump portion and spray carb cleaner through the passages from the pump to the nozzle. My carbs had sat for a long time and I had to completly rebuild them. If you have to remove the pump portion, check the diaphrams and see if they are cracked/need replacing. Don't think dirt daubers are that small to clog that nozzle....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.