Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: does the brain have a memory?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bradtho
I set my timing again this last weekend. If forgot to pull the vacuum hoses at first. it was running pretty rough afterwards and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Anyway, after I pulled the hoses and reset I took it for a drive and it was still missing and had a weird induction noise. It was late so I went to bed and vowed to try again tomorrow. when I took it for a spin in the morning all was well.

so, what happened? the only thing I can figure for why it was running bad that first night is that the djet brain was still trying to compensate for my failed attempt to adjust the timing. If that's the case, how do you convince the brain to reset? or is something else going on?
seebobgo
Open the pod bay door's HAL popcorn[1].gif
ConeDodger
Old analog technology. It doesn't remember anything.
jeffdon
QUOTE(seebobgo @ Sep 1 2010, 06:58 PM) *

Dave? Dave?
bradtho
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 1 2010, 07:08 PM) *

that's what I would have thought, but I can't come up with any other reason why 12 hours of sitting makes it drive so differently.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bradtho @ Sep 1 2010, 07:22 PM) *

that's what I would have thought, but I can't come up with any other reason why 12 hours of sitting makes it drive so differently.

These cars can act very differently warm to cold...
Bleyseng
especially if you knocked a vacuum hose off and didn't see it.. hissyfit.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 2 2010, 05:36 AM) *

especially if you knocked a vacuum hose off and didn't see it.. hissyfit.gif

agree.gif
You didn't do something right, forgot to hook it up, knocked it off, etc.
Also check the points, sometimes when you gap them they spring in with too little gap.
type47
It healed overnight biggrin.gif
pilothyer
After you gave up the night before did you mention the problem to your Higher Power ? hands.gif
realred914
my brain remembered me shorting out an injector wire once, it never worked again! (burnt the power transistor out) so yes they do have a sort of memory, but not like what you is thinking of.
underthetire

agree.gif
Seems I am quickly becoming the same biggrin.gif

Just a bunch of comparison circuits with a few drivers really. Temp makes a big difference, so does fuel pressure. I would check the fuel pressure next time it acts up.
windforfun
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Sep 1 2010, 07:26 PM) *

QUOTE(seebobgo @ Sep 1 2010, 06:58 PM) *

Dave? Dave?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.