Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 mostly complete parting out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
scoobykvn
I am parting out a mostly complete 1972 with original fuel injection. I have not tried to start the car yet but it has not been registered since 1985. I will be digging into it this weekend to start stripping it. There are a lot of decent parts on it, nothing concours. I will be keeping some of the good interior parts and some various other small parts. I know I need some pictures and I will get some posted tomorrow night after work. I just wanted to get this posted to get started. The chassis is pretty much destroyed but there might be some usable metal on it. Let me know what you need and I can send pictures and price.
jeeperjohn56
QUOTE(scoobykvn @ Sep 1 2010, 06:24 PM) *

I am parting out a mostly complete 1972 with original fuel injection. I have not tried to start the car yet but it has not been registered since 1985. I will be digging into it this weekend to start stripping it. There are a lot of decent parts on it, nothing concours. I will be keeping some of the good interior parts and some various other small parts. I know I need some pictures and I will get some posted tomorrow night after work. I just wanted to get this posted to get started. The chassis is pretty much destroyed but there might be some usable metal on it. Let me know what you need and I can send pictures and price.

HI, looking for a dash top with no cracks, what do you have. John
scoobykvn
I will look when i get home. But i think it is cracked. I will let you know.
scoobykvn
Here are some pictures I took. I plan on keeping the passenger seat and back pad(unless someone want to trade for a 1970 backpad and passenger cusion). I also plan on keeping the windshield trim, and a few other small components (Not completely sure until I tear into it more. Let me know what you want. Also, The upper dash pad is cracked, but the lower knee pad area is in good condition. I also have a shelving unit with a bunch of parts including gold PORSCHE lettering and gold 914 numbers.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
scoobykvn
More Pics.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
scoobykvn
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
scoobykvn
Click to view attachment
NC_Colfax
I would love to have the Drivers side tail light panel from the lock to the fender ,top to the floor pan....if you could cut that section out.

Maybe the passenger rear fender also??

My car was in a wreck and repaired poorly.
Please PM me
scoobykvn
Here is some pricing, I will post more as I tear it down. Let me know if I am way off, I am not too sure. I will send better pictures if you are interested, just PM me your email and what you want.

OK Visor pair: 30
Outer black threshold plates: 20 pair
Front windshield: 100
center console(probably missing some hardware): 100
rear window: 50
Full motor with FI (running condition unknown): 300
Five bolt spacer adapters: 75
Oil bath filter housing from 1970: 50
Gold PORSCHE letters (no speed nuts): 40
desmo900rider
How are the front and rear bumper pads? If the cores are not trashed, I may be interested.
scoobykvn
The bumper pads are pretty trashed. I wasn't going to even try to sell them.
f4fighter
I am in Ft Wayne and very interested in the engine. Could you tell me what size it is? Thanks, Bret
scoobykvn
I am sure the engine is a 1.7 liter. I doubt it is not the original. I don't know condition of it since it has not ran in a long time.
f4fighter
have you had it running? Could I come check it out anytime soon?
scoobykvn
QUOTE(f4fighter @ Sep 2 2010, 10:41 PM) *

have you had it running? Could I come check it out anytime soon?

I have not had it running, I just got the car recently. I would be surprised if at least the injectors don't need pulled and cleaned. It probably needs a pretty in depth tune-up. You are welcome to come look at it anytime, I would just need some notice. It is also still in the car, so I would of course need to drop it if you wanted to take it home with you. Email me if you want to set something up. kevin.augsburger1@gmail.com
f4fighter
I just emailed ya. Wanted to make sure you got it.
scoobykvn
Got it and replied.
scoobykvn
Engine and FI are sold. I still have a lot of parts.
scoobykvn
Doing some part stripping for some people tomorrow morning. Anybody else need anything? I have a ton of parts still. Make me an offer on prices already listed.
914 shifter
left outer strut housing 70 1.7? split bottom caliper legs straight
trent1542
how much for steering wheel???
gsbeane
QUOTE(scoobykvn @ Sep 1 2010, 08:24 PM) *

I need both bumpers. Thanks.
wbonucci
could i trouble you for some pictures of both the sun visors? Im looking for a decent pair with the 3 clips.

Also looking for the handbrake button thing, you screw it on the handbrake. Mine doesn't have any thread so it keeps slipping off
scoobykvn
Sorry I have not been around to respond lately. I am starting a new job in 2 weeks so I have been busy wrapping things up at my old job. I am going on vacation next week, but then I have the entire week after that off. I probably won't have time to get to anything until after my vacation. Once I get back I will make sure to get back to everyone.
scoobykvn
Just got back from vacation. Anybody who wanted anything just send me an email with what you wanted so I can send you some pictures and prices. My email is kevin.augsburger1@gmail.com.
indianmort
greetings, would you have a right front heater tube and bracket from the long?
scoobykvn
Many PM's sent. Anybody else need anything? I am trying to get rid of all of the big stuff to get this car out of my garage.
scoobykvn
Here is some pick up only stuff that I want to get out of the garage:
Good clean windshield - $75
tail shift tranny (condition unknown) $50
Rear windshield (will possibly ship) $50
1 passenger and 1 driver side seat with mounting brackets (basic cores only) $25 each
Targa top (no seals, needs refinished) $50
2 cookie cutter wheels with tires (need heavy cleaning and probably painted) $50 pair
multiple steel wheels (need blasted and painted) $10 each

I will post more when I can. Send me an email with what you want and I will send you pictures.

Kevin.augsburger1@gmail.com

I am trying to get this car out of my garage before winter comes.
scoobykvn
There are no locals that need anything? Anybody else need anything. I still have a lot of OK parts.
scoobykvn
I have not been around lately but I am back now. Trying to get rid of a lot of parts before winter hits. Any body need anything? If I have not responded to a request just let me know.
Gearhead1432
Do you still have the firewall shift linkage boot? (tail shifter)

Thanks, Rob
scoobykvn
QUOTE(Gearhead1432 @ Nov 19 2010, 03:06 AM) *

Do you still have the firewall shift linkage boot? (tail shifter)

Thanks, Rob

I will check on that this weekend, Sorry for the delay in reponse.
Boxer246
Looking for wiring harness section, the bundle that comes up from underneath the dash on the drivers side into the trunk just below the windshield corner....it splits off some goes over towards the passenger side, and some goes down into the spare tire well area. Mice have eaten mine and looking to get a decent section to splice in.
I'll try and send a pic tomorrow so you know what section I mean exactly.
Paul Marioni
QUOTE(trent1542 @ Sep 18 2010, 09:31 PM) *

how much for steering wheel???

Do you have a front bumper?

PaulMarioni
latrucha@earthlink.net
gsbeane

Do you have a steel front bumper for sale?
MassTeener
Hi,

if you still have it i'd be interested in the vent windows if the chrome & rubber are in vg shape,

Cheers
nathansnathan
I'm looking for 2 license plate lights. Do you have any?
chadhuskey
how is the drivers side map pocket and armrest?
-chad
scoobykvn
Sorry I have not been around, Just had shoulder surgery last week. I have no bumpers left, no license plate lights, Have the vent windows but I will have to check on the condition of the rubber (Wont be able to get to them with one arm for a week or 2, email me to remind me kevin.augsburger1@gmail.com), I will have to check on the map pocket and armrest but probably not great (also email to remind me please). If I have not responded to anyone please email me.
flash914
I need the linkage that goes between the fire wall and the transmission any hope
wgwhitney2
Hey, looking for driver's side outer door handle?
timofly
QUOTE(scoobykvn @ Dec 31 2010, 11:58 AM) *

Sorry I have not been around, Just had shoulder surgery last week. I have no bumpers left, no license plate lights, Have the vent windows but I will have to check on the condition of the rubber (Wont be able to get to them with one arm for a week or 2, email me to remind me kevin.augsburger1@gmail.com), I will have to check on the map pocket and armrest but probably not great (also email to remind me please). If I have not responded to anyone please email me.

Do you have the fresh air and heater hoses that go in the front trunk? There should be four of them, two slightly over 2" diameter and two slightly under. Also, do you still have the aft heater blower and connecting hoses that run to the heat exchangers?
DB914
Looking for a steering wheel and rear sway bar w hardware, Thanks
Als914
QUOTE(scoobykvn @ Sep 1 2010, 05:24 PM) *

Are you selling the dash, instument cluster? Is it available? How much and shipping to 92545?
scoobykvn
No outer door handle, No steering wheel, No rear sway bar, All of the other parts I will check on this weekend. Please email me to remind me. Kevin.augsburger1@gmail.com It is easier for me to keep track of everything that way.
reharvey

I need the crankcase vent hose connector that is attached to the top of the fan housing near the air flapper spring. It has three hose connections - one from each head and the other to the air cleaner.
steeks
What wheels does (or did) it have? I'm looking for a set of lug bolts. PM me.
doit2xs

Hi, can you see if there is any rust on panel behind front bumper and how much for it with head light buckets and supports to innerfender wells? Thanks
reharvey
Need the pass. side speaker housing. Looking for one without cracks and with good mounting threads for the speaker. Thanks, Ray
scoobykvn
The chassis is gone so I don't have any panels left, just a bunch of parts. No wheels, it just had steel wheels on it and I don't have any extra lugs. No crankcase hose connector. I might have the speaker housing, I will look today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.